No announcement yet.

New Ancient Empires Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Seeds of Greatness" is definitely not your "normal" scenario. For those who haven't played it yet, here's another teaser from the Readme file:

"Do you remember the early days of Civ II? No scenarios or special challenges, just starting with a single settler and clawing your way to world domination? But soon you learned all the tricks and needed new challenges to keep things interesting. This scenario recaptures that "Start from Scratch" thrill! The Tech Tree, Units, Wonders, and City Improvements are all new and historically appropriate to the world of the Ancient Near East. As a special bonus, each of the Seven Civilizations has it's own customized Event file, so no game will ever be the same."

The early part of the game will really keep you on the edge of your seat. Seeing 8 powerful Barbarian units pop from a goody hut near your weakly defended frontier cities gives new meaning to the phrase "Oh S**t!" ;-)
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Started playing this scenario a few days ago and it is the BEST scenario I have played so far. It is truly like playing Civ2 for the first time again! In fact, I had to restart the game after about 50 turns because I was making the same mistakes I did when I first started playing. The completely redesigned tech tree is a masterpiece. I'm playing this at Deity and it is truly a challenge. My only quibble is that for non-OCC games, I don't like to play with Raging Hordes and there's no way I can see to change that. It is truly a great scenario.

Comment

This scenario is truly amazing. Very good work, Kull.

------------------
        Now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum
        So if it might be right for you, it may not be right for some
        I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

Working...
        X