Tossing Around Ideas for Next Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tossing Around Ideas for Next Scenario

Once I finish up Fictional Americas 1.1, I will eventually start working on another scenario. At the moment I am thinking of:

Orient Express - build a railroad from Paris to Constantinople
    Rise of the Franks - Clovis & Co kick Visigothic posterior
    Fictional Americas II - The second wave of invasion

What do you guys think?

------------------
    St. Leo
    http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Your ideas sound terrific.

Now I've had an idea that I've been kicking around my little 'ol brain. How about this:

A scenario set in the ancient world. The goal: to capture (not build) the Wonders of the Ancient World! These Wonders would include: the Pyramids, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Stonehenge, Easter Island, the Great Library at Alexandria, etc.

Each Wonder would have a specific 2D graphic and would be worth x amount of points. So you earn points by capturing the wonders and not by capturing cities.

In addition, when each Wonder is captured, more citizens are made happier AND you receive previously hidden knowledge (thus the secrets of these Wonders, the civilization that built them, and the knowledge they contain, are all slowly revealed to the player). The winner is whoever captures all of the Wonders. It would need a large map of the world.

I just thought I'd throw in my two cents worth

------------------
    Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

I really, really, really like the "Orient Express" idea.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

...which is exactly why you shouldn't do it
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I really, really, really like the "Orient Express" idea.

Cool.

...which is exactly why you shouldn't do it

I am unclear on what exactly your logic was in coming up with the said conclusion.

------------------
          St. Leo

Comment

Just a little cheap shot at Stefu's scenario taste

Comment

What we don't have out there today is a really good space wars scenario.
              All the ones we do have are little and outdated.
              I think you should write a new, better space wars scenario.
              Or...
              You don't see too many Pacific based scenarios. Could do one of them, like ancient Pacific.
              Could include the Khemers, Srivijayans, Siamese, Burmese, Tibetans, Chinese and Japanese.
              Or...
              You also never see middle asia (Turkestan and Kazakhstan area) scenarios. I think one based in modern times set in the area of the former Soviet republics would be a good idea. You could have Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgzistan, Russia and Iran. Or something like that.

Anyone of these ideas have yet to be really done up in a good scenario.

Comment

I made a Central Asian scenario a while back but it does not meet your "good" criterion. It is centasia in the Apolyton archives.

Leo, I toyed with the idea of an apocalyptic scenario with a trade unit that needed to go from the East coast to the West. Never materialized but sounded neat.
                "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                -OOTS

Comment

What we don't have out there today is a really good space wars scenario. All the ones we do have are little and outdated. I think you should write a new, better space wars scenario.

I could write something using my MOOjr 2.0 engine, hmm...

You don't see too many Pacific based scenarios. Could do one of them, like ancient Pacific. Could include the Khemers, Srivijayans, Siamese, Burmese, Tibetans, Chinese and Japanese.

Uhm, the AI's a total moron when it comes to navies, so Pacific is out of the question.

You also never see middle asia (Turkestan and Kazakhstan area) scenarios. I think one based in modern times set in the area of the former Soviet republics would be a good idea. You could have Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgzistan, Russia and Iran. Or something like that.

The land shape and terrain would be too dull. Besides, modern scenarios are either boring or unrealistic.

Leo, I toyed with the idea of an apocalyptic scenario with a trade unit that needed to go from the East coast to the West. Never materialized but sounded neat.

I really need to make that Orient Express one then.

------------------
                  St. Leo

Comment

Do you like Star Trek Leo? The one that just came out isn't exactly a great scenario, but the graphics are nice, perhaps you could do something with them?

Comment

Referring to WarVoid
                      Why? That was a good idea!!!
                      I made a Fictional scenario a few years ago ( using Civ2 - the oldest version ); i called it China - the red dragon wars; it looked much like yours - including Americans, Eastern Asians, Vietnamese, Indians, Muslim asians and, of course, Russians and Chinese.
                      It was my second scenario, so pictures and features were not so good, but now i can change them better way ( i'm a Net "pivello"- how we use to say in Italy - , a freshman-like ). If you are still interested in, please send an e-mail to fratelli.goddi@tiscalinet.it.
                      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I`m doing a Star Trek scenario at the moment, but don`t hold your breath. I work very slowly...
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

To BeBro
                          Yeah, it's my second one !!!

P.S. Got my e-mail pics ?
                          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Thanks Prometeus, I received your pics. And I´ve already sended an answer to you...
                            Blah

Comment

Maybe i'll try that after my newcoming scenario, "The rise of Kok Turks", just in order to change geographic areas: i'm going to get bored of Medieval central Asia scenarios !!!
                              But also a byzantine scenario might be pretty to perform ...

Comment

Working...
                              X