No announcement yet.

Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say start with Lexington & Concord if you can do it well. Otherwise, skip them and go right to the meat.

The image looks very good. I look forward to seeing more!

P.S.: This is thread #600 on the SLeague!

Comment

my webpage? I turned my back on it for one second and it dissapeared! Can you believe that? Webpages these days....

I don't care when it starts. Hurry up! J/K

Comment

Ah, my friend, Mr.Temba, true that when you turn your back on something, it disappears. When we turned our back on the Stamp Act, did the British not repeal? Haha.

Well, I think 1776 will be fine. I find it difficult to have the colonists gain territory from there.

Thanks, Blackclove. Yes, SLeague is very efficient, and your tip studies are amazing and helpful. Thread #600! Wow, my friend Blackclove. It seems as if your site is going well, as well as its forums.

I am expecting "War for the Colonies" to be released on December 31 at the earliest and February at the latest. I am going to scarcely have any cavalry units, although. In the regular Civ2 scenario, you could construct and train many dragoon units. There were not many at the beginning...

My scenario includes:

-The creation of the American Navy
        -The creation of the American Army and the Second Continental Congress
        -Wonders including the Boston Tea Party, the Declaration of Independence, the Intolerable Acts (even though were fought), and many more.
        -Over 20 new units.
        -Multiple events files for the Colonists and the British, the two playable civs.
        -Unique playablility.
        -Excellent event pop-ups.
        -A dedication page, coming soon possibly.

Also, my scenario will have part of Canada and HESSIANS, unlike the work done by Nic C. earlier. (Yes, I read the forums, even though did not join yet.)

ALSO: A NEW MAP!

------------------
        -James Otis, protester of the writs of assistance.
        Down with the Townshend Acts!
        -James Otis, protester of the writs of assistance.
        Down with the Townshend Acts!

Comment

You are welcome to use my city graphics as you requested in the Red Front thread. Which ones were you thinking of using? The "Pioneer type" cities in Alex's Quebec scenario, the Civil War era cities or the European 1700s cities on Alex's site?

Good luck with your venture.

Comment

If you want it to be "the best American Revolution scenario yet" I think you ought to include the whole war. Start it in 1775, man.

Include the Native Americans if you can as a bribable force in the west... make two tribes if you can! The Hurons, etc. were friendly to the British, but the Delawares in Ohio were very nearly offered statehood by the colonists. It could make for a very interesting and realistic side war, so long as the tribes' power is kept relatively weak.

------------------
            Anarchist Supreme of the Glorious PROT!

"Those who would trade a little freedom for a little safety shall have neither freedom nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"All war is the art of deception." - Sun Tzu

Anarchist Supreme of the Newly Glorious PROT!

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
            One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them."

Comment

James, what version of Civilization will your scenario be done in? FW? MGE? or ToT?

Comment

Alex, surrender now.

Comment

He, he, he, I think I've got to be with DV on this one

Anyway Mr Otis, here is a name: Governor Galvez. That one should be in if you want your scenario to be regarded as the best one on this topic.

Comment

Anyone knows what happened to this? I'm looking for a good Revolutionary War scenario to play.
                    [This message has been edited by Steve Clark (edited June 16, 2000).]

Comment

Smeg: here was me thinking it was current and posting ideas.
                      [This message has been edited by Andrew Livings (edited June 16, 2000).]
                      "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Working...
                      X