Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Hello,

Name as it is, James Otis. Some might recognize the name, some might not. Look at the signature below for a little clue, my friends.

To the point, now.

I am currently in work on an American Revolution scenario, seeing that I am an expert in the subject. It WILL contain tons of new units, for I am not Alex the Magnificent, I am still a very good artist, not on paper, due to the British putting taxes on our paint these days.

Now, any suggestions on the scenario? I plan for it to be the best American Revolution scenario yet. There will be either one event file for each side, or maybe two, depending on how time shall go. Many special events and wonders, etc. I do believe it will be an outstanding scenario, followed by a French and Indian War scenario (even though it was before the American Revolution) a few months later, but I can't guarentee I will have the time for that scenario, but I probably will.

To the chase, now, I believe.

Any suggestions on ANYTHING including wonders, units, city improvements, events, etc? I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks.

------------------
    -James Otis, protester of the writs of assistance.
    Down with the Townshend Acts!

Loyalists, Regulators and Congreve Rockets. I'm an Alex Hamilton man myself, we're in the same bar.
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

Comment

You're russian

Comment

Nyet, nyet, Amerikanets
        -OOTS

Comment

Michael, Loyalists were not exactly military. They were more like people who favored King George III and England. Some joined the regulars, but not many.

No, I am not Russian. I know Alex the Magnificent is, and I like his work, but I am not Russian.

------------------

Comment

Oh good! I've been waiting for a good War for Independence scenario and I'm too lazy to make one myself!

------------------
            I'm worst at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed
            I found it hard, it was hard to find, oh well whatever, nevermind

Comment

Nyet, nyet, Amerikanets
              Unless you are trying to say you belong to the wild tribe that makes it home the barren land to South of Canada, you probably mean "Nyet, nyet, Amerikantsi.":-)

------------------
              St. Leo
              http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
              http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Mr.Temba, all in good time. What happened to your website? I am making a website myself. Just one to show my scenarios and some units. Say, how do you all manage to put images on these forums for a preview of a unit? A great idea, indeed.

"Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle?...I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
                -Patrick Henry, March 1775

A small preview of the beginning text so far, my friends. Shall someone kindly inform me how to post pictures in the forums? Thank you. I have made one colonial militia, but in the game called "Minutemen."

Another item of question: should my scenario begin in April, 1775 or July, 1776? Lexington and Concord could occur by events in 1775. Would many of you like to play those battles, although Lexington would be hopeless for the colonists? Concord will be a sure victory for the colonists, however. I am making a bridge graphic for terrain in Concord, if you all would like the scenario to begin in April, 1775.

------------------

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I was saying. As in Ya Amerikanets (I don't know how to type Cyrillic so we get phonetic Russian).

And I said Regulators, not regulars.
                  -OOTS

Comment

For the Amerikanskis, ya gotta have von Steuben and the Swamp Fox!

For the Brits: Tarleton and Tryon.

Benedict Arnold could be most interesting (A veritable event-fest!)

And if only because we'll probably never see a complete scenario devoted to it, how about an optional opening campaign featuring the "War of Jenkins Ear" (1739-1741)?
                    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

James,

To place an image in a forum, it must already be on the web, and you use the tags as outlined in apolyton.net/forums/ubbcode.html

Comment

Give up alex, I know it's you.

Comment

Birth of America covers the War of Jenkin's Ear. Did you think I could ignore that name?
                          -OOTS

Comment

Michael, I realize that. I was saying regulars when explaining something else.

No War of Jenkin's Ear, sorry.

No one has answered my question as to if the scenario should begin in 1775 or 1776.

No, I am not Alex. If I was Alex, my English would be horrible, my good friend. I am American by blood, was born here, and live here now. Make no mistake.

Ok, I will try to get an image online.

------------------

Comment

Ok, friends! Here is the first image preview:

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X