A Red Front Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Red Front Site

I want to build a Red Front Site. The only thing is, what to have. I know I'll have strategies and the scenario itself, but what else? I'm making it for the Civ2 world, so tell me what you want!
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Make a forum for it too. Counting the threads and discussions in non-RF based threads, I suppose that this would be very appreciated.

Further, I think you should first ask Cpt. Nemo...

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
    -Mao Tse-Tung
    God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
    much screwed that whole idea..
    -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
    Follow the masses!

Comment

But I did, and Nemo agreed. Yeah, I was thinking of having a forum, definitely.
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

woah, an entire site devoted to one scenario...this might be a first
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Well, I couldn't think of a better scenario to deserve it's own site!!!

------------------
          I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!

Comment

You could have "mini senarios" using the Red Front modpack. A few examples: a race to Berlin with the Americans set in '45, an option to play Barbarossa as the Germans, The "winter war" with Finland in 1939-40, etc.
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

A Stalingrad urban map to encircle von Paulus's 6th Army...

Just don't let Harlan see that I brought it up again.
              Be the bid!

Comment

I absolutely forbid Stalingrad scenarios!!! No, just kidding- that just wasn't my first choice if one were to make a WW2 scenario.

Another purpose of the RF site: suggestions on RF updates and progress reports on how its going. I think much to Nemo's chagrin, I've been bombarding him with way too many suggestions lately .

Comment

How about Red Front Lite? The same game only using the Eastern European civ map (no lend lease, Italy or German cities beyond Berlin). It'll speed play and give you extra event space and three extra unit slots.

Comment

I second Case's proposal. Captain Nemo (and Alex Mor) have put a lot of time creating these units, icons, and schemes. With a tiny little twist new scenarios can be built in batches for the WWII era. The RF site can help people communicate on ideas of RF family scenarios.

Comment

Back to the grindstone...;0 All very good ideas. Also, if anyone wants to make a Red Front spinoff scenario, you're welcome to make it and you can send it to me so I can post it. Or I could just make it myself !!!

Comment

If you need help with the site, need a server or whatever, I'm ready to help you.

Something nice would also be a small "facts" section about what actually happened during "Barbarossa" (and where the name comes from. I know it, but who does too? )

------------------
                        Follow the masses!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
                        -Mao Tse-Tung
                        God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
                        much screwed that whole idea..
                        -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
                        Follow the masses!

Comment

Thanks Stefan, but I do have an account at Geocities, Angelfire, and Xoom. I have a good idea for a spinoff scenario that isn't a very well known aspect of WWII: The Mountain Campaign in Norway. There would be the Russians, Germans and Finns. There would be Russian and German Machine Gun positions which would be slow, but high defense. Then a small number of tanks with good defense would be given by events only and are slow on moutains (most of map), but fast on flat terrain. Then all sides would have Conscript and Expert Alpine Infantry which would have high mobility (road) and would have moderate defense. And there would be some ships from the beginning that would unable to be made. Here's the innovation: all units (land and sea) would have submarine, see submarine, and settler features on and would have zero attack. Yes you heard me, zero attack. Instead, all units would have holds for missiles. Then each unit would have Infantry, Tank, and Ship Ammunition and attacks would be waged by firing these at each other. Food would be renamed Fuel & Supplies (Sorry Nemo, but it's a good idea!) and now the player would have to deal with resupplying ammunition and fuel. Engineering (road building and irrigation) would be set slow and they would be able to build cities (nicely named Bases and Depots) so troops can setup a base quickly and then leave quickly. How does that sound?

Comment

You know what would be great? Getting Alex Mor to share his work on the Russian Civil War (which he has stopped)
                            "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                            -OOTS

Comment

It's too bad that he has stopped making scenarios and graphics for the Civ2 community. Maybe would could ask him to have us finish the work on the RCW scenario?

------------------
                              "There's one more thing you men can say when it's all over and you're home once more. You can thank God that twenty years from now when you're sitting by the fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you what you did in the war, you won't have to shift him to the other knee, cough and say, 'I shovelled **** in Louisiana.'"
                              -General George S. Patton addressing his troops before D-Day landings June 1944

Comment

Working...
                              X