Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston, We Have Update!

...I know, you're thinking, "It's about time!"

Well, the good news is that we have 13 new scenarios for review with 3 more expected soon. We have three new reviews, with 1 more expected soon. And two more tips are coming, too.

All it takes is time, a commodity I don't have much of right now. But some progress is better than no progress, right?

Shocking the world, the SLeague site updates again!

We have a few other scenarios coming next month for download (ones that were submitted recently). In the meantime, perhaps some of the scenario authors could play a scenario or three and submit some reviews?

Comment

... and yet another update! (Mostly stuff from me mind)

I'm occasionally surprised that some 'newbies' (for want of a better term) are aware of the League's forums, but don't realise we have a site! Please visit at http://sleague.apolyton.net/ - and better yet, please consider participating! We have plenty of scenarios 'in the dock awaiting judgement' - and that goes for experienced community members too, please think about penning a review.

Comment

Two reviews plus a LOT of fixes to older reviews, broken link fixes, et cetera.

Stefan has identified more broken links which should be fixed with the next update.

Comment

Sorry that I haven't found the fix links.

It's a bit too hard at this time. FInding broken links: OK
          fixing links: Very time-consuming. This will propably take two hours or more (my modem is slow). You can wait for correct links in batches, though.

Meanwhile, I need links for "The "New" Germany" and "ACW version 1".
          (Permission to upload the former will also do it)

------------------
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
          -Mao Tse-Tung
          God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
          much screwed that whole idea..
          -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
          Follow the masses!

Comment

Stefan, can you email New Germany to us at sleague@apolyton.net? I plan to do an update of Platehead's and will post it there, if it isn't already there.

Just send me what you can when you can. I am also searching for many of these scenarios. Nemo-willing, I plan to upload Red Front 1.4 to Platehead's as well so that it will never vanish so long as I still have anything to do with Civ2

Comment

I'm all for it! You have my permission. Version 1.941 is in the workshop right now...Something to look forward to, but not in the immediate future because it's a complete rework on a new map.

Comment

More good stuff was posted today including a new review and some helpful stuff for people who want to enter the Jason & the Argonauts contest.

I also fixed more links. Still more to do, though...

Comment

We once again have an update. The main new stuff is the new set of contest pages, plus a review of Gustav III by Jonas Hasselrot. More scenarios for download are coming soon! I expect to have the June scenarios ready by June 1st for a change.

Comment

Stefan, I don't think ACW version 1 is on the net anymore, but ACW version 2 is out in force!

Comment

I know, but the reviews are for version 1. I have played version 2 but not version 1, so I don't know if there are very big differences.

------------------
                      Follow the masses!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
                      -Mao Tse-Tung
                      God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
                      much screwed that whole idea..
                      -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
                      Follow the masses!

Comment

Stefan,

Version #2 was quite modified from #1. There's a fairly long thread discussing the reviews on the revised scenario at apolyton.net/forums/Forum18/HTML/000540.html

More to the point - I have a version that I believe is the inaugural one (NZ is trapped in Democracy - which I recall was a key problem with the first) - www.users.bigpond.com/c.hills/ACW1999.zip is a temp' download point in case anyone wants it (842kb).

Comment

Thanks, Cam, I'm dump it onto Platehead's in the "historical interest" category

Comment

Working...
                          X