No announcement yet.

Are we having SCENARIOS lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it matters what time period a scenario's from, just whether it's fun and enjoyabble to play!
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Captain Nemo: You can provide two versions of RF, one use real names for the tanks, another use fansy names.

Comment

You mean: "Nasty old German tank", "ugly Soviet junkheap", "kick-butt Tank destroyer", "little british sardine can". Hmmm... I don't know about this one...

I actually had a very fun idea: Make a scenario about a historical subject as a team of 2 designers.

First phase make a map, draw units, collect historical data.
        Phase two, each designer takes the pieces and builds a scenario (events, rules, customized features) seen from the opposite side of the field. The goal is to make it really challenging and try to introduce a lot of custom touches for play from one side (Like Red Front uses rubles, Kollektivs, Politbureaus, Komrade, modified dialog etc...)
        Phase three, testplay the other designer's scenario.
        Phase four, Release a two-pack scenario

Making a scenario that is optimized for play from all sides is basically a lost cause, but this would work: two scenarios, same historical context, same units (More or less) and same goals (Of course reversed)Half the work and twice the fun, not to mention the fun of trying build an AI that can outsmart the other side.

Comment

Somebody actually seems to like the scenario...
          Wow! (and it's Daroae in short but that's not so important)
          The Lost Geologist Blog
          http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Miner on 04-17-2000 02:20 PM

(It's not that I don't like RF, it's just that trying to tell the difference between a TKV-18pq vs a T345.7 88m doesn't really do it for me.)

ROTFLMAO!!!

------------------
            I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!
            [This message has been edited by Field Marshal Klesh (edited April 18, 2000).]

Comment

Captain Nemo: If you really want to rail the scenario to be historically accurate, you can follow the Spartacus scenario -- give quests. Except for summer 1941, in every season the player must kill certain 'special' units or occupy certain cities to trigger clues for the next quest. On the other hand certain cities cannot be occupied till certain season.

Comment

I actually don't find the names hard. KV-1 heavy tank, SU-152 Tank Hunter, T-34/85....
                Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Making a scenario that is optimized for play from all sides is basically a lost cause

Make it balanced and ignore people like Xin Yu who beat it in 2 turns.

------------------
                  St. Leo
                  http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                  http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

St Leo: I have a strong feeling that people are ignoring me now. Nobody has posted any message about how my strategy works. Maybe nobody has tried it yet? Really breaks my heart...

Comment

Andz83:
                      You're writing a DOOM scenario???
                      I've already written one.
                      Ha - beat you to it.
                      You wanna try it???
                      Anybody else wanna try it???
                      warvoid@aol.com

Comment

Working...
                      X