What's Up With Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Up With Me

OK, folks, I have two job interviews scheduled in two weeks, so I have been frantically preparing for them. I need to give a one hour presentation on my research and it needs to be extremely polished (using PowerPoint, etc.) so I am really pushing myself to get done. At the same time, I need to get a dissertation proposal defended ASAP, which is another 50 or so page paper with a question and answer defense that lasts 1-2 hours. So I am swamped . I'll try to get the much-overdue update out soon, but I can't promise anything.

Lili also has her friend Katalin coming from Europe and at some point I will need to take an evening off to meet her.

Christ, man! Take it easy!
    I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

....and don't forget to breathe occasionally. Remember, Oxygen is your friend!

To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Sounds like you are having fun... I had a spell of 4 hours sleep per night for 4 months. I really got to appreciate taking business trips because I could catch another 2-3 hours sleep on the plane...
        Don't burn out and keep your priorities straight... The stuff here can wait!

Comment

Yeah, well, what about Civ2 stuff?

Just kidding. Break a leg!
          "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
          -OOTS

Comment

Ahhh - don't fall for his whining and complaining - William and I have done all the work!

Best of luck with the interviews and the presentation!

Comment

Working...
            X