Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 Italian Scenario, please read!

Hello All,

I am working on my first scenario which happens to be about Italy (1927-1946) and I was hoping that I could get some input from people on what they would like to see on an Italain WW2 scenario. Also I would like some feed back if anyone will be interested in play testing it when its complete.

Cheers,
    CPT.MICHAEL

Hey, yeah!! I'd love to playtest for you!! I don't know a WHOLE lot about Italian history in this era, but I know enough to offer valid opinions.

Didn't they use wooden airplanes in WW2?

------------------
    President of the Apolyton Workers' Union and
    Vengeful Employee of Ghost Ham

"Workers of Apolyton, Unite!"
    sigs are for fools who havent said enough!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks, could I have your email address so when the scenario is done I could email you. Or you can email me at: Wiking5@hotmail.com
      So you are interested in an Italian scenario then, good!

About Italy's aviation:
      No wooden planes used in combat, but they did have them. They got a lot of there planes and ideas of planes from the German Luftwaffe. Although it should be noted that there are documents of the Italians using Bi-planes during the the campagin in East Africa.

Comment

My e-mail is in my Profile:

frantz@crosslink.net

Comment

I would recommend looking at JP's up the Deadly Boot for some of the unit ideas.

Comment

Hello,

I have all unit ideas ready I just need to find/make them. I plan to use all Tanks used by Italy, all Aeroplanes, all Artillery, Black shirts, Praetorians, etc.

Cheers,
            CPT. Michael Crompton

Comment

Do you have good reference material on the equipment of the Italian military during WWII?
              Because the Italians had such poor equipment (Except for their Navy) it is quite difficult to find pictures of their tanks, artillery and planes.

Comment

CMC: If you really want this to be different, I highly recommend that you use a map which takes you from the Swiss border in the north to Somalia in the south. (East-West isn't as important.) Italy did play a part in the Soviet invasion, but frankly it's not worth shrinking the scale of the map in order to include it. It was really a German show anyway, and you can probably simulate the impact with events.

The key is to include the North African, East African and Balkan campaigns. These should be the centerpiece of your effort, and would give it a more unique flavor (Especially the latter two).
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

That's a good idea...focusing on Africa more than on Europe.

Comment

How would you be able to win, though? It is my understanding the Italians were doomed from the start...

(9 posts until I am King Djugashvili!! I ain't spammin it, either!)

------------------
                    President of the Apolyton Workers' Union and
                    Vengeful Employee of Ghost Ham

"Workers of Apolyton, Unite!"

Comment

Hello,

How would you be able to win: Well I am not exactly sure how I am going to do this but I have many ideas. LIKE IN NORTH AFRICA if I can some how make it that the GERMANS sent the Afrika Korps a little earlier, etc.

Cheers,
                      Michael

Comment

If It's FW or TOT, I'm ready. tatuahpo@pelu.jns.fi
                        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                        X