My 3 favorite scenarios of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3 favorite scenarios of all time

I thought it might be interesting to see what scenarios people like. Pick your top 3.

1: Red Front, Im really into WW2, and this is by far the finest scenario on the subject ever produced. I started it over 6 or 7 times. I had this facination with trying to beat this incredibally difficult scenario. I have yet to beat it completely, allthough in one game, I have reconquered quite abit and almost taken Berlin.

2: Lion, the winner of the first scenario league contest, this scenario was my favorite one till Red Front came along. It's simplicity on the surface is misleading, if you check out the civilopedia to see what advances, wonders, and improvements BlackClove put in it, you can see it is a great scenario. Plus, it is fun as either the Ethiopians, or Italians. The latter being a "naval expansion race" with Portugal since you cant really beat France or Britain.

3: Up the Deadly Boot, yes, I know that I created this scenario, but it is the one that I am most proud of. I think I nailed everything in this scenario. I did not bother to make changes to many things, like many improvements and the like, and it is in no ways one of the more complex scenarios, but the fact is, its tough. Really tough. And, of course, It has inspired me to create a revised improvement of it, (this time in FW) to include many new features.

Notable Others:

2nd Reich
    Shannara
    Harlan's WW2 Europe
    Bonaparte by John Ellis
    Helas by John Ellis

Thank you,

------------------
    John Petroski
    JPski7@aol.com
    John Petroski
    PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

My top 3:

Red Front: look above
    Second Reich: Most interesting depiction of WWI I have yet to see.
    Spartacus: Most innovative scenario of it's time, with the "quests"
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I haven't given this much thought, so this list is not conclusive, in alphabetical order.

1 ) Dungeon by Blackclove
      This scenario is simply really fun to play, the quest and combat elements are perfect and the only thing it really lacks is expansion. It is probably one of the few fantasy scenarios out there that doesn't exaggerate itself, no world destroying demons or anything, just saving your town from monsters. I love it!

2 ) El Dorado by JB
      The perfect quest scenario, simple short and absolute. If you don't run with the time limit you die from flooding and mosquitos. Not only that its also all historical!

3 ) Shannara by Michael Jeszenka
      Absolutely the best text treatment you will find in civ. The very small number of units you have (until the last parts) makes the scenario much easier to concentrate on. Also the many neat events tricks make it really fun to play. Even having never read the books I found the story line interesting.

4 ) Mongols by Harlan Thompson
      How could I forget this one! Thanks Stefan!

There are more that I like playing, but all of this was done off the top of my head. Vive Fantastic Worlds!
      [This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited January 16, 2000).]
      I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

1) Dagor Bragollach.
        2) The Lord of the Rings
        3) United States Civil War 2001

------------------
        http://modasylum.cjb.net

Comment

HT's Mongols
          JB's Alba de America
          JB's Conquest of México

------------------
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

We who grew up tall and proud
          In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
          Convinced our voices can't be heard
          We just want to scream it louder and louder:
          "What the hell are we fighting for?"
          "Just surrender and it won't hurt at all"
          -Brian May (Queen)
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

1)JB`s Al-Andalus
            2)Red Front
            3)Mr. T`s Underdark
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

1.) American Civil War by Captain Nemo (you heard me!)
              2.) Shannara by Michael Jeszenka
              3.) Conquest of the Great Lakes by Alex "the Magnificent" Mor
              Nicholas Crown
              http://forums.quantum9.com/cgi-bin/f...=10&LastLogin=
              The War of Civilization - An online Civilization text game.

Comment

1. Toussaint
                2. Spartacus
                3. Shannara

Comment

Working...
                X