WHAT THE ****!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's scary to see how long some people have been active on these forums for

BTW Leo, whatever happened to Sidgames? It used to be a favorite site of mine, but one day it just seemed to disappear...

As an aside, earlier this year I was thinking of changing my 'Poly name to NickD. It sure looks like I was correct in not changing it
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Strange times...

I'm sorry I missed them.
      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Whew!
        For a second there, I thought NickC had returned.
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

It's scary to see how long some people have been active on these forums for

Get off my lawn, young 'un. Whippersnappers these days.

BTW Leo, whatever happened to Sidgames? It used to be a favorite site of mine, but one day it just seemed to disappear...

The owner, Kunal Shah, decided that paying $200+ for bandwidth a month wasn't worth it.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I am like Scrooge, aren't I. bah humbug......

Oh NickC...
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
              The owner, Kunal Shah, decided that paying $200+ for bandwidth a month wasn't worth it.
              More like Kunal got a girl friend. He wasn't the one paying anyway. He was getting the money from family.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

More like Kunal got a girl friend
                More than one dedicated Civver has disappeared into that all-consuming vortex!
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Originally posted by Kull

More than one dedicated Civver has disappeared into that all-consuming vortex!

Given Kull's view of replationships as "all-consuming vortexs", we can logicially conclude he must be married. idea:

Comment

WK, I'm still ROFL about your long ago post referring to you once being involved with something akin to a Nazgul.

Btw, whatever happended to My Wife Hates Civ?
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Good Call WK! And given that I just spent part of this week at Apolyton (my first full week at home in a year) - it's safe to say that MY wife hates civ too!

I musta missed the Nazgul reference - that's pretty scary!

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Originally posted by William Keenan

A Nazgul and A Ring ....

Oh! I know! Your making a scenario about my ex-wife!!!
                        This belongs in the classic Apolyton quotes section!

Comment

Originally posted by Kull

I musta missed the Nazgul reference - that's pretty scary!
                          Scary, no. Just opportunistic humor. Here is the URL=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26236]thread[/URL].

Originally posted by Boco

Btw, whatever happended to My Wife Hates Civ?
                          Why he dissappeared is unkown, but I think we can logicially conclude his wife had something to do with it.

* musing * I think we need a thread on the ultimate stratagy: How to play the game when your Wife Hates Civ.

Comment

There have been three major people in the community who left because of girls:
                            Kunal 'whistler' Shah
                            Rich 'YYYH' Junack
                            Greg 'Brother Greg' Woodstock
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

MWHC still visits the OT every so often, but he's never sober when he does it

Comment

Working...
                              X