Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack vs Defense vs neutral? what is best style

Attack vs Defense vs neutral? what is best style

I prefer scenarios where I get to attack and build a huge empire, but then, I also like ones where huge hordes of opponents attack me and I have to hold my position... I guess I like all of them.

Huh.

Comment

I'm just here to confirm ottok said something coherant! So let it be written, so let it be done!
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Mao, that's mean.

Comment

OK OK, I apologize ottok, I was kidding. Anyway, forgive? I personally prefer defense as to say "how long can I hold on against insurmountable odds?"

Comment

I just don't like people making fun of others when it's something that they are really trying hard at.

And I like what scenarios I can beat.

My favorite scenario is still probably the WW2 scenario that came with civ. I always have a blast playing that, because it's not historical at all! It's just me, as the Germans, kicking ass. So it's attacking for me.

Comment

i agree with fast eddie! that was one smooth scenario! attack attack attack attack attack! but actually i also like it when you have to work hard just to be able to attack.

Comment

Try being the neutrals, Spanish, or Turks in that scenario and you'll what I'm talking about when you have to hold on.

Comment

Yeah Temba! Good point. Building up for a big attack is great too!

I've tried it with the Spanish and the Turks, and let me tell you, that was the stupidest game of civ I ever played! Nobody attacked me. Nobody attacked each other. The only city that was taken over was Paris. I refuse to play that as anyone other than the Germans and the Russians.

Comment

Agressive Civilized Expansionist civs are generally better than Rational Civilized Perfectionist civs(who are a real thorn in the side).:-)

------------------
                    St. Leo
                    http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X