Good space scenerios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good space scenerios

So, what do you guys think are the best space scenerios? Did anyone create their own new storylines, or were they mostly ST, SW scenerios?

Oh, I also remember someone (I think Alex) making some B5 graphics that were better than the graphics for the B5 scenerio from '97...anyone know if they were ever really done? Anyone do any new ones themselves?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

B5 Huh??
    Vote Democrat
    Support Democracy

Comment

Babylon 5 (I think).
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Kobayahsi's excellent Dominion War springs to mind. His Star Wars scenario was also pretty good. I think both of them can be found at the Spanish Civ2 Site.
        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Babylon 5

Did you mean Coug's project? That was a long, long time ago...

And no, he never finished it. But he did post his units before he returned to Norway. Flicking back through the archives I see that his terrains were based on St. Leo's, so maybe Leo could post those again.

Best space scenarios for me are both Paul Heron's work (still): Babylon 5 and Star Trek Universe

B5 Main Files
          1st Sound File
          2nd Sound File
          3rd Sound File
          STU1
          STU2

Really quite amazing for the time...

Also Koby's "Dominion Wars" and John Valdez's "Outer Space" mod are both must sees.

There's also a very cool mission based Endor scenario from 96/97 written by Josh Adams. Somewhere around...
          Attached Files
          "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Did Coug post anymore of his work? I only remember him posting a screenshot. Too bad; it looked very promising
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Anything by Kobayashi gets my vote.
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

ANZAC: I don't remember seeing a screenshot here, so that may have been on his site "SciFilization"

I am going to take the opportunity for this shameless plug of my work in progress:
                Attached Files
                "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Gadzooks!

That SW map and scen look most promising!

Please get this one to the community ASAP!
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Impressive!
                    though I can't see what is being described as 'Jungle' [note the 'viewing pieces' box]
                    All that efficent terrain grouping must have taken a hell of a lot of planning
                    But one question, does anybody know of a way to change the colours in the 'World' view (the green and blue)
                    > INSERT RANDOM COMMENT HERE<

Comment

I think it's hardcoded.
                      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I'm pretty sure that in Allards last version of "The River War" he managed to change the colours in the world box to something more befitting a desert environment.
                        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Oh, I've checked and you're right

And do you know what? The trick is related to the units.gif file, not the terrain files or the icon file, if I'm not wrong. Very curious!
                          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Oooh looks fantastic Andrew! I'm a real sucker for Star Wars scenarios and I can't wait to have a crack at this one

The planets are 4 tiles, right? How do you ensure the right 4 tiles are adjacent to each other, if you have used the forest or mountain terrain for them? I ask because I'm trying to get 4-tile mountains (terrain rather than unit gfx a la FavFlight) to work in a scenario.
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
                              The planets are 4 tiles, right? How do you ensure the right 4 tiles are adjacent to each other, if you have used the forest or mountain terrain for them?
                              Fortunately I don't have to explain anything, because Kobayashi has it pretty well covered here.
                              Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Working...
                              X