attn. Kobra, unit assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn. Kobra, unit assistance

Here's the new thread, Kobra. I have seen many of the units I need on here, so all I need to do is give them a desert paint job. How about these though:

U.S. LAV-25

British Schmitar

Iraqi SA2-002 launcher

Iraqi AUF1 Self propelled artillery

I don't have a picture uploaded, but I need a U.S. Marines amphibious vehicle. It's the AAVP7A1. Looks pretty unique.

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks a million if you can pull these off!!! I can't wait to see them...

While they're probably not in the style you're after, I had a go at making LAVs last year, which included some in desert camo
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Way back in 2000 Tim Smith (aka Mindseye) put out a collection of very high quality scanned units, which included a desert cammo LAV and M1 along with an AAVP7A1 and various bits of Soviet hardware.
      Attached Files
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Actually, Case, those are some great LAV's. I prefer the look of yours compared to the scanned-in images. I think I have some other units that were done by you that I'm painting 'desert-style'. Kobra did some killer Humvee's in the Modern Units thread, some I'm hoping he can do some more operation Iraqi Freedom units.

Thanks for the files!

Comment

You would be a very lucky man if you got Fairline´s attention to this thread, he´s the undefeated champion of unit making.

If not I´ll have go as soon as I have some time on my hands. I have to find more pics of the posted one´s first though...

Nice LAVs, Case!
          Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Working...
          X