• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: North African Front: The Rise of the Afrika Korps

Originally posted by Leonidas

Sounds very interesting.

Tell me more.
    Sorry for replying you so late, but I've really missed your post. Last year I was working on a "War in Mediterran" scenario including the american intervention and the landing in Sicily. I wanted to focus the action on the naval strategical situation; Italy would be the active player. My idea was to set every terrain as non-shield productive, except for an "heavy industry" terrain (1f, 30s, 8t). The goal was to build units only in the high-productive northern cities (Milan, Turin, Genoa, Bologne, Trieste). To simulate the devastating bombing raids I've thought to create a specific Industry unit on the "heavy industry" terrain: loss of these units would have triggered a change-terrain event. The goal was to force the player to defend actively his precious industries. Most of the work has been done, but I've abandoned this project as new and more sofisticated concepts arose. I've planned to start back from scratch some day; perhaps with someone

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain
      Hey leonidas! We all know that you've made some really good halftracks. But how is the scenario update going?
      Thanks

Currently I'm going to be away for the holidays, and won't be back until January.

There are still things I want to do. Plus, I also mod other games, so this will be strictly a part-time thing.

Cheers!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: North African Front: The Rise of the Afrika Korps

Originally posted by Justinianum

Sorry for replying you so late, but I've really missed your post. Last year I was working on a "War in Mediterran" scenario including the american intervention and the landing in Sicily. I wanted to focus the action on the naval strategical situation; Italy would be the active player. My idea was to set every terrain as non-shield productive, except for an "heavy industry" terrain (1f, 30s, 8t). The goal was to build units only in the high-productive northern cities (Milan, Turin, Genoa, Bologne, Trieste). To simulate the devastating bombing raids I've thought to create a specific Industry unit on the "heavy industry" terrain: loss of these units would have triggered a change-terrain event. The goal was to force the player to defend actively his precious industries. Most of the work has been done, but I've abandoned this project as new and more sofisticated concepts arose. I've planned to start back from scratch some day; perhaps with someone
        Sounds like you have some very interesting concepts.

Comment

What happened to this scenario? Still in the works?

Comment

Well...
            I think the good guy Leonidas had his own hard work...

... at Thermopylai...

However:
            Have a good work, Leonidas and all the other scen-designer about DAK and 8thArmy !!!
            "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

I dont quite understand?

Comment

Sorry Jonash:

it was only a word-joke: Leonidas(the Spartan King)/Thermopylai...

I don't know what happenede to his project, I'd like know the status of Leonidas' work,too, cause I like Ww2 in Africa, it's very interesting.
                But if there are no news, well, I'll stop post in this thread.
                However, hope Leonidas can give news (negative,too) about himself.
                Have good time
                Gagliaudo
                "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Working...
                X