Projects abandoned by force.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projects abandoned by force.

Once again I've had hardware problems resulting in the loss of my Civ2 files.
    The actual reasons are quite silly. I've tried to install a new hard drive (which worked). Unfortunately, I haven't backuped the files on the drive with my Civ2 files on. I didn't think this was necessary. But it wasn't as simple as to plug the drive back in and copy all the files. The configuration data was lost. Disk recovery was only partially successful. Some files were only halfway recovered. I also lost all my eMails and all adresses. Anyone who wants to can send me a mail so I can add their adress to my adress book (Heresson? Palaiologos?)
    Conclusion: I must abandon my current Civ2 projects because of loss of files.
    I know you haven't been hearing much about them recently, and I haven't worked very much recently, but without the old files, I can't get back to work on them.
    But this won't stop me. I'm more determined than ever to waste your precious time with my Civ2 creations
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Re: Projects abandoned by force.

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel

Conclusion: I must abandon my current Civ2 projects because of loss of files.
    I'm very sad to hear this.

But this won't stop me. I'm more determined than ever to waste your precious time with my Civ2 creations
    I'm very happy to hear this.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

It is my firm belief that Atari has made generous donations to various churches so that the Lord himself conspires against the Civilization 2 community!

Comment

The actual reasons are quite silly. I've tried to install a new hard drive (which worked). Unfortunately, I haven't backuped the files on the drive with my Civ2 files on.
        It seems to be epidemic.

Your scenarios can take as much spare time as you wish

Originally posted by El Awrence
        It is my firm belief that Atari has made generous donations to various churches so that the Lord himself conspires against the Civilization 2 community
        Oh, come on, don't be absurd.

Where did I put the files for my "El Cid" scenario? I'm sure they were in this folder... aaaagh!
        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
        The Spanish Civilization Site
        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that

And I agree with jasev...it seems to be epidemic. Jim panse and myself had the same problem a few days ago

I will be looking foward to your future creations

Comment

Choke!

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR CIV2 STUFF!!!
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sad to hear that, but I believe that's just another proof God punishes people not mailing me enough.
              if You had mailed me, You'd have probably sent me the files... And now, You should concentrate on helping me.

Or it's just some civ3fans trick.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

I'd love to help you, but I don't have your email anymore....
                Follow the masses!
                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

oh man, more civ2 scenarios lost
                  jasev, the El Cid files, how are they doing??
                  Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                  Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                  miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                    It is my firm belief that Atari has made generous donations to various churches so that the Lord himself conspires against the Civilization 2 community!

Nah, the real reason is that government economists design viruses to destroy civ, and hence improve their nations Geeks productivity
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

oh man, more civ2 scenarios lost
                      jasev, the El Cid files, how are they doing??
                      Just a joke. They are alive and well
                      (now I just have to work with them )

Comment

I'd love to help you, but I don't have your email anymore....
                        WHAT? You should bear it in heart as the most valuable treasure. Heresson@hoga.pl
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by jasev

Just a joke. They are alive and well
                          (now I just have to work with them )
                          but are you planing on finishing the scenario??
                          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

but are you planing on finishing the scenario??
                            Maybe...

Comment

It sounds like Fiera's Pizarro files
                              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
                              X