civilopedia entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civilopedia entries

Is it just my lower than average intellect, or there is absolutely no way of writing civilopaedia info for the extra advances(plumbing too) and test units?
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

@Civ2 Classic, CiC, FW:
    Maybe modifying the PEDIA folder files... but I don't think that would be possible to be included in a scenario folder.

@Civ2 MPGE: It's just your lower than average intellect (j/k) Modify the DESCRIBE.TXT file and you'll be able to write the civilopedia info.

EDIT: I've made a test with MPGE and "Bolivar's Dream". There, 'Gunpowder' is the USER DEF A. I took 'describe.txt, copied it to scenario folder and I changed the User Def A '-1' value with an '89' (there are 88 civilopedia entries for tech advances). Finally, I wrote after the 88th entry a new entry for gunpowder... and it worked
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Thats the whole point jasev.

I changed the test unit 1 as the 51st entry, wrote a civilopaedia text for it under the 50th entry and it didn't show up.
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I've made another test with units (51,52,53 and 54) and it works fine... unless the unit is disabled in rules.txt. For example, 'champions' unit in Bolivar's Dream is disabled, so it doesn't appear at the civilopedia. But the other three do.

Comment

Wait a minute... ¿are you working with Civ2 MPGE full version, or with Cedric Greene's Patch?

Comment

Take a look at this:
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X