Mini Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Maps

I'm thinking of making some mini-map scenarios, short games that can be played in a lunch break. Any suggestions?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Franco-Prussian war 1870-71.

It only lasted a few months.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Well, the Six Days War only lasted... er, six days

But trouble is not how much did it last, but how much would a player be playing... doesn't matter a scenario is brief if there are so many units that every turn lasts 15 minutes.

For example, Franco-Prussian war would have such a big map with a lot of units that would make almost impossible to create a fast scenario.

You could create a one-battle scenario.
      "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
      "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
      The Spanish Civilization Site
      "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Franco-Prussian war sounds good

What about US civil war, German Polish campaign of 1939 or the French campaign of 1940?

of course, the lunch break can be VERY short. I don't know if it'd be sensible to actually start the game for that

Comment

the French campaign of 1940
          Been there. Done that
          Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Polish campaign sounds cool.

And a Franco-Prussian war doesn't have to have a large map and many units.

There was simply a german drive to Paris and strassburg.
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
              of course, the lunch break can be VERY short.

And so was the German campaign in France.

Comment

Singapore 1942 would be interesting - the number of units on both sides were fairly small, the fighting only lasted a few days, the action took place in a small but well mapped area and both sides had a reasonable chance of tactical victory (though only the Japanese could have won in the long run).
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Comment

Try my WW3 scenario. It's craptacular.

In fact, I think I want to try it myself again. Don't remember a thing about it.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Craptacular? So bad it is good again?

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                        And a Franco-Prussian war doesn't have to have a large map and many units.

There was simply a german drive to Paris and strassburg.
                        Not so. After the original breakthrough, the 2 main French Imperial armies were surrounded and surrendered. Then the Napoleon III's 2nd Empire was overthrown and replaced by the 3rd Republic. A huge siege of Paris then took place, with continuing operations involving the new republican armies, plus extensive guerilla warfare in eastern France. When the republic agreed to peace terms with Gemany, a communist revolt took place in Paris (the Paris Commune). This was bloodily put down by French troops, while the Germans watched. Then the German Empire was proclaimed at Versailles. Not quite so simple.
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                          Craptacular? So bad it is good again?
                          Having just played it, yes. I resigned after getting a Major Victory, but I haven't had this much fun with Civ in a while.

Steven Hawkings[sic] Jr. the Magnificent of European Union (to Apr 2068)
                          Objectives: 108 Score: 2080 (Deity: SCENARIO)
                          -- Civilization Rating: 270% --

Heh. The political analysis would make the Bush Administration proud:

^Leo's WWIII: Turmoil in Europe V1.0 --- Subjugate, educate, empower! -Steven Hawkings Jr.
                          ^
                          ^ The economy crashed, leaving many disillusioned about the EU, and
                          ^setting up associations of their own. Germany revived the Hanseatic League, Arabs
                          ^started to seriously think about unification, and Spain became a great power once
                          ^more again through a union with Portugal in an Iberian Confederation.
                          ^
                          ^Italy and Iraq meanwhile, had other "unification" plans. Italy claimed everything
                          ^allotted to it by the London Treaty of 1915 and more, while Iraq went ballistic on
                          ^its neighbours. Can you annex Europe while Halley's Comet shines overhead?
                          ^
                          ^RECOMMENDED: European Union, Hanseatic League
                          ^ALSO PLAYABLE: Imperium Romano
                          ^HARD: Arab League, Russian Federation, Iberian Confederation
                          ^EASY: Hussein Caliphate
                          ^
                          ^^SPECIAL NOTES:
                          ^Pollution is non-existent
                          ^Many capitals
                          ^Turns last 1 month instead of the usual year
                          ^Only playable with Fantastic Worlds and higher
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The Guinness World Records Official site with ultimate record-breaking facts & achievements. Do you want to set a world record? Are you Officially Amazing?

Shortest War
                            British ships bombed the island of Zanzibar at 9 am on August 27, 1896. At 9.45 am Zanzibar surrendered, after the shortest war in history. Germany and Britain had been engaged in territorial disputes over the small island of Zanzibar, off the east African coast, for several years. During the late 1880s and early 1890s, the island had gradually come under British control. Throughout this time the Sultan of Zanzibar obediently carried out British commands. When the Sultan died in 1896, however, his second son seized the throne and, with German support, he declared himself the new Sultan. The British feared their German rivals would come to dominate Zanzibar and so they ordered the new Sultan to retire - or face the consequences. The Sultan refused to withdraw his claim to the throne. Instead he assembled 2,500 Arab soldiers and hastily re-commissioned an ancient bronze cannon, which had not been fired in anger since 1658. The British began bombarding the small island from a fleet of warships anchored offshore. The sultan had no effective means of retaliation and surrendered 45 minutes later, after being granted asylum at the island's German consulate.
                            My only question about this is, how long (in terms of units of time) would the turns be?
                            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

1 minute each

where can I download that European scenario?

Comment

Working...
                              X