No announcement yet.

Historical notions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, right techumseh, you meant my United Irishman scenario. Someone actually remembers it! And I was afraid my work had been forgotten by the community.

It can be found at the SLeague:
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

I do not fear offending my playing audience. Did that many times
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

The more evil the civ, the better!
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
          The more evil the civ, the better!
          So when people in the OT compare each other to Hitler, they're actually giving compliments?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by our_man
            Oh, right techumseh, you meant my United Irishman scenario. Someone actually remembers it! And I was afraid my work had been forgotten by the community.

It can be found at the SLeague:
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/Files/0c...nitedirish.zip
            Not at all. I had it on my old computer, and quite enjoyed it. I've re-downloaded it and I'll give it another go.

The map is outstanding. Have you given any thought (after "The Troubles" perhaps) to using it again, possibly for the Irish struggle for independence, maybe starting with the Easter Rising and ending with the establishment of the Free State?

I saw the movie "Michael Collins" a couple of years ago and thought it was very good. It might also make a good scenario, and one in which the Irish won - at least a marginal victory.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

So when people in the OT compare each other to Hitler, they're actually giving compliments?
              Depends
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

techumseh, I'm delighted that you enjoyed the scenario. It's always good to hear that other people enjoy your work.

Concerning your suggestion about a scenario to do with the Irish struggle for independence after the Easter Rising, I don't think it would work. This part of Irish history was relatively 'peaceful'; until January 1919 the struggle for independence was almost exclusively political and therefore not the easiest to replicate in Civ2. Most of the Volunteers, including Collins, were in internment camps. Even the War of Independence might be too difficult to do, as it involved very little conventional warfare.

The two events that bookend this period however; the Easter Rising and the Civil War could make brilliant scenarios. Maybe someday...
                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Working...
                X