Semi-transparent units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-transparent units?

Whilst working on my scenario (which *will* be completed eventually) something odd happened during unit placement: One of the units becomes partially transparent. The unit is not using any of the standard Civ transparency colors; even if it was, that would not account for why the entire unit is see-through. I don't see anything unusual with the unit in the units.gif file (unit, along w/ several examples of the transparency of which I speak, is attached below). I can provide the units.gif if desired.

Am I doing something wrong? Or have I stumbled on a new "feature"? I'm confused
    Attached Files
    "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

The unit has the 'invisible until attack' flag. Open the rules.txt go to @UNITS_ADVANCED and turn it off.

Comment

Oh, erm, yeah, I knew that... I was just testing all of you...

Well, never mind.
      "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

Seeing as that's cleared up, is there any chance that you could use this thread to explain your current signiture?
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Wow!

Tot has such a unit flag?
          Most impressive!
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Curt used it in Dictator ToT for the sniper units

Comment

Originally posted by Case
              Seeing as that's cleared up, is there any chance that you could use this thread to explain your current signiture?
              Sure, anything to increase my post count

It's from the play Amadeus, where Mozart is expressing his anger at the complete lack of originality that Italian composers possess. Since I can't find the script right now, that explanation will have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Oobir
                It's from the play Amadeus, where Mozart is expressing his anger at the complete lack of originality that Italian composers possess. Since I can't find the script right now, that explanation will have to do.
                Now it makes sence. I thought that it was some kind of highly literate ranting about the marks you were reciveing at school/uni

Originally posted by Mr. Oobir
                Sure, anything to increase my post count
                What a coincidence
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                X