Help with Scenario downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Scenario downloading

I like this site, it's got a lot to offer, but I have a question about downloading. How do you know which scenario and which mod pack match up? Like if you want to play Star Wars, what are the two files (modpack and scenario/map) that you need? I haven't been able to find a link that lists both (the database keeps coming up 404 error when I click on a picture or title). Thanks.

Hmmmmmm.

Not sure I understand what you're asking. AFAIK, scenarios and modpacks do not "match up."

Clarify?
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

If you want to play a Star Wars Mod, and someone has created a Star Wars Scenario that uses said mod, how can you tell which two zip files you need (since neither, or at least most) are not the same.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm. . . .

NO, you do not need a modpack to play a scenario. Scenarios and modpacks are separate and individual things, in and of themselves. I know of no instance in which a scenario "needs" a modpack in order to play it.

Where did you get this idea?

Lost in America.
        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Bloody hell!.

I was certain i had posted an answer to this thread, two hours after it started!

Where did that damn post go?

By the way what does that AFAIK mean? I wish all you people stopped using those damned abreviations.

On subject:

Mods and scenarios do not complement each other. A "scenario" is a scenario using the civ2 gfx, tech trees etc, while a "modpack" is a scenario that uses new gfx, rules etc.....

I admit that the apolyton archive titles are a bit confusing.
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos By the way what does that AFAIK mean? I wish all you people stopped using those damned abreviations.
            AFAIK = as far as I know
            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Actually, by now all scenarios would be classified as "mods", so I think a scenario would be anything containing a scenario, and a mod would be everything intended to be played as the Civ2 game, but doesn't contain a scenario.
              Follow the masses!
              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
              X