Battle for Alpha Quadrant version 3 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no problemo....upload away.

but I think there will be a version 3.1 patch to solve the problem of building other races ships. It is being tested now.

I cut this from the civfan forum

I have two free slots left plus 'start' that makes three. Then if I use the advances for the three scout class ships as well by changing their prerequisite to the third generation starships I will have six free advance slots.

I can make all six no-no techs leading to nothing but causing the obsolecence of ships and give them to the 'wrong' races at the beginning and give them to the 'right' race via events at the appropriate time. Of course I don't have enough event space right now and I'll have to strip out some of the events to make room.

eg.

FEarlyExp will make Constitution and Excelsior obsolete. All races will have this at the beginning except for the federation who will get it automatically when they discover Ambassador Class.

FLateExp will make Ambassador obsolete and the Fed will get it when they discover Sovereign Class

This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

OK here we are - a BAQ where you

1. can continuously research new ship designs and build them
      2. can't build other races ships even when you get the right tech
      3. Still have staggered starship obsolescence
      4. have disjointed starship lineage so the AI doesn't waste its time researching ships it can't build.

....plus a few enhancements here and there

Link to the patch amended to the first post of this thread.

NOTE - even though it is still called version 3.x, saved games under 3.0 are not compatible and you will need to start again.
      This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Some of you would have no doubt missed the fact that there is a LCARS style city screen that comes with the scenario. Even if you're not too interested in BAQ maybe you could make use of the city.gif.

Comment

Working...
        X