Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question about the relation between the terrain and a road built on it

... Hi experts!

Is there any possibilty to define how much turns one settler needs to build a road on a special terrain?
    Jimmy dind´t really know if it perhaps is combined with the movement cost.

Thanks in advance

Cifer
    Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

I thought under the editor with terrain editor or possible using the effects editor, but to my surprise, no you can't change that.
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

I think it's tied into the terrain's movement cost.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Yes, it is movement cost * 2 .
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Good to see you're reading these threads, SlowThinker. Your posts in the Great Library have saved me from more than a few designing mistakes.
          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

perfect, thanks all
            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

I will post some hypoteses concerning roads. Please deny or confirm them.

This is a summary of all possibilities how the trade is generated on squares:

A) Basic trade from squares:
              as defined in rules.txt;
              +1 trade from river (works also on squares with 0 trade)

B) Trade from roads (+1 trade):
              Generated on
              1. three first terrain types in rules.txt (Desert, Grassland, Plains)
              2. land squares that have trade>0 after point A)

C) Trade from Republic/Demo (+1 trade) and from Colossus (+1 trade):
              Generated on squares that have trade>0 after point B)

D) Trade from superhighways
              Generated on squares that have roads (or RR): + RoundDown (1/2 * TradeAfterPointC) trade
              Last edited by SlowThinker; June 26, 2003, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                Good to see you're reading these threads, SlowThinker. Your posts in the Great Library have saved me from more than a few designing mistakes.
                I have a feeling that Civ2 community is divided into several isolated parts: SP players are in Civ2-Strategy, MP in Civ2-MP, scenario-oriented players are here. Almost no communication between them.

Comment

B) Trade from roads (+1 trade):
                  Generated on
                  1. three first terrain types in rules.txt (Desert, Grassland, Plains)
                  2. squares that have trade>0 due after point A)
                  From some testing in ToT, I'd conclude that ocean squares with roads do not get a +1 bonus even if they have trade>0 in @TERRAIN. So, I'd edit B.2. to "land squares that have trade>0 due after point A)."

And yes, there is a lot of fragmentation on the Civ2 forums. The Strategy forum has posted some incredible wizardry about plain vanilla Civ2. Very useful when you can extrapolate to a modified Rules.txt.
                  El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Thanks @ all!
                    The thing with the movement cost is perfect perfect for my scen...
                    Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

A river on the tile adds an additional turn if you are building a road...
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

It depends if you are using Settler or Engineer. But Gastrifidis Info:Settlers covers that.

Comment

But we are speaking about a SP mode up to this point. In MP mode it is different:
                          Accelerated orders (in Multiplayer/Internet mode)

Comment

Working...
                          X