Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some first impressions:
    *The year is 4000 bc.
    *It's immensely difficult to destroy even a non fortified artillery in a city. You might want to make it a little easier. Soviet infantery fell by the millions at the beginning of barbarossa. Now not even 4 veteran tanks can destroy an infantery in a city on Prince level.
    Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

If you play smart you start the invasion with airial bombardment to gain total air superiority. That was also crusial in the beginning fase of Barbarossa
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

But all those cities are guarded by fighters, and those fighters can also not be killed by bombers.
        So the cities can not be taken.
        Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

BTW, does anyone know what Mexico City is called in Spanish? Do they only call it México?
          It´s called Mexico Distrito Federal. Similar to Washington D.C.
          But you should use: Mexico D.F.
          South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
          Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Again, thanks guys!

But all those cities are guarded by fighters, and those fighters can also not be killed by bombers.
            So the cities can not be taken.
            This is new to me. I have no problem taking Odessa, Lvov, Minsk and Kaunas in one turn, after heavy bomber assaults followed up by stuka attacks and then the panzer. I'll check into it.

The hitpoints and firepower stats are copied and based on kobayashi's ZWK scenario. I find them more realistic, as battle results isn't always about best equipment But I'll check into it...

It´s called Mexico Distrito Federal. Similar to Washington D.C.
            But you should use: Mexico D.F.
            Just to be even more native, could I name it México D.F.?
            Last edited by Eivind IV; June 20, 2003, 17:50.

Comment

For those interested, here is the latest update. Some minor and some more or less major changes.

* The 'awful' red screen is removed in favour of a soothing light blue one
              * Germany starts with some more panzers and bombers.
              * German Capitol Ship in Tripoli moved to Taranto.
              * Removed one Russian fighter in Odessa.
              * Derby razed, Johannesburg created.
              * Therefor, the Wellington formerly in Derby now moved to Darwin.
              * Port Moresby moved to 238, 142.
              * Renamed Melbourne to Adelaide
              * Railway from Adelaide to Darwin created
              * Brasilia removed. Cuiabá created instead
              * Peking renamed to Beijing
              * Mexico City renamed to México D.F.
              * Citizen in some cities from all civs have been given more luxeries.
              * German ingenuity removed completely
              * Russia given one Capitol Ship in Arckangelsk + one sub + one landing craft
              * Murmansk now has a sub
              * Lhasa is now Neutral
              * Unit shields are on place

All in all I have made several small changes, but I don't think any of you care, so I will spare you of the rest

And once again, thanks everyone for responding and beeing so kind. Please continue to do so, I could need all the help I could get.

Click here to download Blitzkrieg v1.02

Comment

Originally posted by Kobra
                * Renamed Melbourne to Adelaide
                Melbourne was, and is, a much bigger and more important city then Adelaide.

* Railway from Adelaide to Darwin created
                The RR only made it half the way from Adelaide to Darwin - it stoped at Alice Springs. From there on everything had to be trucked to Darwin. The Alice Springs-Darwin rail link won't be complete untill Feburary 2004!
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Oops, I seem to have misunderstood you...But it is changable

Comment

Keep up the good work! Pssst...you can get a 'civilized' geography lesson by looking at Case's 'Battle of Australia'.
                    The Alice Springs-Darwin rail link won't be complete untill Feburary 2004!
                    Does this mean Alice Springs is going to have a croc problem (see Croc on Darwin bus)?
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                      Does this mean Alice Springs is going to have a croc problem (see Croc on Darwin bus)?
                      Nah, the snakes will kill the crocs the minute they get off the train

...Failing that, the crocs will just end up lurking in the Todd River, which runs through the centre of Alice Spings:

Original caption: the mighty Todd in full flow

Woman fights off crocodile attack
                      Last edited by Case; June 21, 2003, 06:58.
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Why americans on Sumatra?
                        Indonesia was Dutch with dutch colonial names
                        TEIC

Comment

By the way of blitzkrieg....
                          I have a question. It seems that guy who invented the idea of it or at least one of the better German leaders during ww2 was Guderian, right? His surname sounds so Armenian... Does anybody know something more about him?
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Maybe this is just an error in my Civ2 game, but it says that the year is 4000 BC when I play your scenario. Also, the aircraft have almost no movement. You need to have an aircraft carrier unit or those Japanese planes on the lone islands are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by EmuGod
                              Maybe this is just an error in my Civ2 game, but it says that the year is 4000 BC when I play your scenario. Also, the aircraft have almost no movement.
                              It's not an error, it's just one of the many little things I have to change.

Originally posted by EmuGod
                              MaybYou need to have an aircraft carrier unit or those Japanese planes on the lone islands are useless.
                              Notes taken.

Thanks! There has been no progress the last three days, as I am in Copenhagen now. I'll probably be home tomorrow or the day after. I just have to check the town some more. Cheep cheep beer

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                                By the way of blitzkrieg....
                                I have a question. It seems that guy who invented the idea of it or at least one of the better German leaders during ww2 was Guderian, right? His surname sounds so Armenian... Does anybody know something more about him?
                                There's heaps of books available on Guderian - after Rommel he seems to be the most 'popular' German General.

...but I hate all Nazi Generals so I haven't read any of them and can't help you

Comment

Working...
                                X