Units in intro text.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
    Protagonists are also generally more agressive.
    You can say that again! -had a tremendous effect on my Armada scenario making Spain the protagonist. I've never seen them take Antwerp on the first turn before! The Dutch can no longer play any tricks, settling for peanuts -Spain plays a whole different ballpart now!
    The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
    Kaplak Stream

Comment

The protagonist flag works well in WW2 scenarios, as you can probably imagine.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hardjoy
        After looking at the victory screen, I begin to understand a little.... but this mean, if I read you correctly, Henrik, that everyone elses objective will be to make the Spanish lose? (in the case with the Armada)

Might be some advantages to doing things this way, but if it means that allies will break their strong alliances just because the protagonist ally gets close to its objectives etc. this is a drawback.

How does one make a barbarian unit flash? -or is this a mac thing?
        This is how I do it:

1:Make sure there is atleast one barbarian unit around.
        2:Reveal map: Babarian
        3:Reveal map: No special view (note the map will actually continue to be the barbarian one)
        4:Set human player :No human player

This will put you in controll of the barbarian civ, be sure to have auto save turned on though as sometimes the ai still continues to move the barbarian units.
        If it does, just load the newly created "Attilla.sav" or whataver the auto save named the game, and the units will be yours to move.

I think this requires MGE to work.

I imagine the same can be achieved through hex editing

Something interesting to note is that while playing the barbarians one can test the combat modifiers that apply only to barbs. For instance I found out that a barbarian unit allways loses when attacking an AI capital, no matter what, etc.

When you save as scenario the fact that you where playing as barbarians doesn't matter as they still won't show up in the civ selection dialogue when a player initiates the scenario.
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
        X