Need clarification on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need clarification on

Whether ground units behind city walls get the defensive bonus vs attacking fighters/bombers?

I've noticed air units do not have ignore city walls flag.

Please assist.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

There's an very useful thread on the Civ2 Strategy forum: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&pagenumber=1. Very well researched. In it you can find,
    3.4 City walls triple the defense value of city defenders against attacks by land units only. This bonus can apply only to land units.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Thanks I thought this was the case but I've had vet KV1's in red front defend againts et Ju88's and in most cases win? at 14 bomber Vs def kv1 9??
      Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

City Walls double against ground units, Coastal Batteries against naval units, and AA Batteries against air units.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I thought city walls trippled the defence bonush for ground units, that's what it says in the pedia atleast.
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Right.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Colwyn
              Thanks I thought this was the case but I've had vet KV1's in red front defend againts et Ju88's and in most cases win? at 14 bomber Vs def kv1 9??
              1. KV-1s might have better strength and/or firepower than Ju-88s. If true, this alone would explain everything.

2. The KV-1s might be dug in. This adds 50% to defensive strength, so those Ju-88s would be up against units with an effective defence of 13.5 (fractions are significant).

3. The KV-1s might be on good defensive terrain. Rivers add 50%. Forests add another 50%. This is why I was sorry to see all those southern cities fall in the current multiplayer Red Front game; cities on rivers are bastions!

Comment

The KV-1s might have also been a veteran. That adds 50% to its defense and attack.
                "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Working...
                X