Unique buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique buildings

I have been trying the past few hours to create "Unique" buildings.

However i do not want them buildable from the start.

Specifically: I mean to give the player the tech "Diocletean's reforms" in 284AD(through an event).

This tech will allow the production of new field legion units AND fabricaes(factories).

At first i made Diocletean's reforms as the sole prerequisite of fabricaes, which in turn had two Nos as prerequisite.

It did not work.Fabricaes kept having "No" as a prerequisite and did not appear in the production list.

I then tried giving the "Diocletean's reforms" tech a prerequisite of its own f.e "Triumvirate". It too had as prerequisite two "Nos".

At first it seemed it worked. Fabricaes appeared having as a prerequite "Diocletean's reforms" and could be build normally upon the acquisition of the tech. That was only an impression however as the next time i loaded the game everything was reset and fabricaes had No as a prerequisite.

Any thoughts?
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Ok, i tried puting a "normal" tech(two Nils as prerequisites) as a first prerequisite for "Diocletean's reforms" and "Triumvirate" as its second.

The Romans(player) start already having Triumvirate and Professional armies(normal tech).

At a first glance it seems it works. I guess i will have to wait and see.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

you could try having FT as a pre-req and seeing what happens. I think in that case it would only appear if FT was researchable.
      "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

As you already experienced, "Diocletean's reforms" needs a preq of a no,no tech and nil to work. It doesn't matter if the second preq is nil or another normal tech on the tech tree.

It can't be a no,no tech itself, because while they can be given by events, they cannot enable structures.
        Last edited by hardjoy; May 2, 2003, 01:36.
        The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
        Kaplak Stream

Comment

Working...
        X