Senario creation sugestions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senario creation sugestions!

I am really liking building senarios. But I have no origanal ideas (Perhaps my imagination has been killed by TV?) So, you lot out there can suggest to me what i should make! And I mean, will resurched, planned ones too. There is only one catch. I will not make ones involving

WW2 - (too many have been made allready!)
    Fascists -(ideoligical commitment)
    Ones baced on films baced on Fiction (ie Matrix)
    Very Sci-Fi/Fantisy (I will be usless at it as I dont whatch it)

But I will make totally fictional senarios if you give me a good enough description for it.

My specilties (Me have lots of books and pics of)

Russia 1860-1990
    Roman Empire
    Europe 1815+
    Perhaps Greeks upto Alexander.

Go on - you have nothing to lose!
    How can you defeat an enemy which will never accept defeat?

All the tips you're searching for...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

2nd that
      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Very Sci-Fi/Fantisy (I will be usless at it as I dont whatch it)

Nothing wrong with that. Very sci-fi/fantasy stuff isn't watched; it's read.

Roman Empire

Why not cover one of the Roman/Sassanid squabbles over Armenia?
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Ok, you asked for it.

There are several ideas for scenarios that I'd like to see done but don't want to do them myself.

1.) Russo-Japanese War. This is a good one. If a really big map were used, some on-target research, and a nice bunch of new graphics, this would make a for a nice little scenario; not too long, plenty of shootin' and a nice mix of naval and land combat.

2.) The Franco-Prussian War. Could be very interesting, if put together right.

3.) Balkan Wars. A good idea. I have yet to see anyone follow through with it.

4.) And who, (besides Stephan Haertel) has put together an ancient/classical scenario lately? Let's give Stephan some well-deserved rest and make one of those. I'm still waiting for a Rise-of-the-Celts type scenarios. That's not set in Spain. ( @ JayBee ) There are dozens more that I can think of.

5.) Go for it.

Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Well.

I like the idea of a classical one.
            I am leaning towards 'conquest of Britain' (It will be easier for me, due to me a)living here and b) it is an island. I find that with contenental maps the AI sometimes gets a tad confused. I do not know much (comparitivly) about Armenia. (Of the Sassnid Persians at that)(see, I can not even spell them right)

Russo-Japanese War, I do like this idea also. The problems are 1) so many things would have to be tied by events.txt (I have to do it all by hand due to my version of Civ II being a little crummy. 2)Would I include other powers such as China and how could I stop them attacking people without removing all their movement? Or would it be nice for the Chinese interviening on a side?

Balkan Wars-which war would that be then? There has been a few.

And RE- Fascists. I dont mind an sen. which the Fascists will pretty much lose.

I do feel, unless there is a gaping hole for a paricular sen, I will not make a post 1800 one.

But I garentee, whatever I do, It will be will made, from map to events.txt But it will take a while to make.

But I am not suggesting it is made by committee. I'm too much of a control freak for that. Ah screw it, you can help with .gifs and historical accuracy if you lot wish.
            Last edited by Silpy; May 7, 2003, 07:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Silpy
              Well.

I like the idea of a classical one.
              I am leaning towards 'conquest of Britain' (It will be easier for me, due to me a)living here and b) it is an island.
              Roman or Norman conquest?
              IOn the first option i've got an old scen that maybe could be useful....
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

Roman.

The Norman conquest of Britain was one big battle, lots of annoying skirmishes everywhere and the only decent resistance was in the Fens.

Perhaps you can have the Romans, and the Celtic tribes constantly fighting each other, but with Events.txt occasionly allying together to fight together.

I am also now considering a Carribiean one (European Settlement one). Only problem is that I really suck making maps.

Comment

I think that someone is already making a russian-japanese war, can't remember who
                  Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                  Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                  miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

I believe it is El-awerence
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Roman.

Perhaps you can have the Romans, and the Celtic tribes constantly fighting each other, but with Events.txt occasionly allying together to fight together.
                      Ok. I've got an old scen of mine about that. Graphs were crappy, but i think map is still ok. I'll post it here once i'll have a byte of memory about where i placed that weirdo...

Comment

I suck in making Graphics, but by now I have my 30 scenarios that I have downloaded in the last 2 years to search for the best ones. I'm not that bad in making Events.txts either, although I have to do it by hand. (even though I have FW I do not have the auto- maker program that they described in the manual. Strange)
                        I am starting to research the background now, to see if it is possible.

But do people want it to change history ( ie slowly conquer Britain by planting colonies everywhere) or simply see if they can conquer faster than history?

Comment

Roman.

The Norman conquest of Britain was one big battle, lots of annoying skirmishes everywhere and the only decent resistance was in the Fens.

I am also now considering a Carribiean one (European Settlement one). Only problem is that I really suck making maps.

Theres definitely colonial era caribean maps around, as there are several scenarios set in that period.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Well, if it's infos on (Sasanian) Persia you lack, I can help out

And who, (besides Stephan Haertel) has put together an ancient/classical scenario lately?

Lately? I think the latest ancient scenario of mine is a year or two old (if you don't count "Lost Paradise")

But I think a classical scenario would be refreshing. There are some great Roman scenarios in the works, but I severely miss something decent about Greece. Maybe the Persian or Pelopponesian Wars, that'd be great.

I suck in making Graphics, but by now I have my 30 scenarios that I have downloaded in the last 2 years to search
                            for the best ones.

Alternately, you can just ask for someone to do them. I, myself, have a lot of decent graphics like units or cities that haven't been seen or aren't far-spread.

I'm not that bad in making Events.txts either, although I have to do it by hand. (even though I
                            have FW I do not have the auto- maker program that they described in the manual. Strange)

You're not missing anything. The events editor got me introduced to it, but I've been doing all manually for the last four years. You have much more liberty and control over the thing this way.

Only problem is that
                            I really suck making maps.

Again, there are loads of people to help you out on that. But don't get discouraged too early. I thought that of myself too, but I have made the maps for "Sons Of Heracles", "Alexander The Great" and "Lost Paradise" myself... then again...

Some good Carribean maps can be found in Jesús Balsinde's "The Conquest Of México" and Carl Fritz' "Pitts War At Sea" scenarios. Mercator's site will also be likely to have the right thing for you.

But do people want it to change history ( ie slowly conquer Britain by planting colonies everywhere) or simply see if
                            they can conquer faster than history?

It depends. Some people (like me) like empire-building scenarios more, because they get the feeling that they've done all by themselves. Then again, there are people who prefer action-packed scenarios with lots of fighting and tactics. Some like both, some like things inbetween. I think you should do what you like best. After all, people are known to lose themselves in other categories as well.

I am personally still sticking with an ancient Aegean-based scenario
                            Follow the masses!
                            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                            X