Preview: The Dungeon Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: The Dungeon Keepers

I am nearing completion of my latest scenario - The Dungeon Keepers. Based, loosely, on the game Dungeon Keeper. It's more a conglomeration of the best in dungeons taken from AD&D and other dungeon-based scenarios, such as Moria, Beckhorn and Underdark.

All those scenarios I really loved. But only in Underdark did you really get the chance to play every civ, good or bad. I always wanted to expand on that with a unique empire-building scenario set in a dungeon world. And spice it up even more with a large array of specially-made graphics.

The Dungeon Keepers boasts a complete set of new units, icons, cities, terrain and pretty much every other aspect of the game has been modified. One of the areas I am most proud of is the DLL files, which have been edited and entirely customised after nearly a month of work.

With still some final touches to put on the rules, sounds and some playtesting yet to do, I anticipate a release date for this before the end of March. In the meantime, i'll use this thread to keep everyone up-to-date and post some nice eye-teasers that'll (with any luck) make you gape in awe.

I don't want to give too much away, lest I spoil all the good stuff. But here's a screenshot of the opening Civ engine utilising modified DLL files.
    Attached Files

Here's a shot of the new "Top Five Dungeons" screen, which also utilises modified DLL files, along with showing you a few of the civs present and a few other graphics.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have secretly hoped for something like this ever since I first played dungeon keeper. Not many scenarios can really make playing the bad guy feel so good.
      Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
      Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

will there be bile demons?
        Attached Files

Comment

Indeed, it has bile demons and a lot more!
          Attached Files

Comment

and you could have done so much more with ToT and CSPL...

Comment

Those .dll files look fantastic WV!
              STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Just to insure everyone that I am still working on this, here's another screen shot of a DLL scene.
                Attached Files

Comment

So, whats new with this bad boy. We havent got a update in long while!
                  Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                  Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Thanks to the jerks over at CompUSA, they not only formatted my harddrive (without my permission), but ruined my computer. And they furthermore refuse to claim responsibility.

So, I have been without a computer for nearly a month now.

As of now, I am relying on "old reliable" - my 10kbps half-dead laptop - to post and keep people abreast of the situation.

I do have DK backed up on CD-RW, thank god. So, as soon as I am back up and running, the project will continue to plod forward.

Comment

Lovely.

Comment

Not enough fantasy scenarios! I can't wait to see it complete!

I too plan to begin work on a fantasy scenario in a while!
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

If anyone is interested, I put up a small website for the scenario shortly before my computer was fried.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Bump
                            Sea Kings TOT

Comment

Update:

I LIVE!!!

I've gotten my new computer (finally) and have once again begun working on DK. The scenario will, with any luck, be complete by the end of the month.

From thereon, it will begin the first round of playtesting for balance.

Comment

Working...
                              X