Artists: May we use your units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artists: May we use your units?

I am a team member working on the civ-style game Clash of Civilizations, and we are in need of a wide variety of unit graphics. I am especially interested in the units posted in the "Pre-Steam Graphics Showcase" thread, since our game scenarios are limited to early civilizations at the moment.

The game uses .gif files just like civ2, but stores the pictures as individual files, rather than in a big block. I would do all the conversions myself, but there is one big catch: Since the game only uses one background color, I would have to erase the artist´s signatures to make the images work. Any artists would still be mentioned in the credits, however.

Is there anyone who is willing to donate their images to this project? If we were an open source project, I would probably just grab what I need and credit the artists, but at the moment the team leader wants to keep the project proprietary, which means that I have to get permission for anything I use.

To learn about the game, go to clash.apolyton.net We are always looking for more playtesters and team members. I would also like to mention that we are at the stage of development where it is possible to create fairly detailed scenarios using data files, so if there are any adventurous souls who would like to try that, we´d love your input.

Edit: proper hyperlinks:
    Clash Website
    Clash Forum

Objections? Anyone? Well, you've made an honest attempt to inform them of your desire. It's their own fault if they haven't replied.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

All mine are free to use as long as I am credited
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Me too.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Idem.
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

feel free to

Be nice to know which, if any, you decide to use
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

ditto
              Follow the masses!
              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Here here
                "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Thanks a lot. When we release a new demo, I will post here with details of what we used in that demo.

Comment

Thanks for your willingness to help out everybody!

I'm looking forward to seeing your art in the new scenarios Richard is designing.
                    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Working...
                    X