Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming scenario: LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002

Hi folks!

Now it is time for my latest project, and this time I should say our first project. The ANZAC and I joined up to make a scenario about the Colombian Civil War, and it's almost time for release. I can't promise it'll be within the next couple of days, but it won't be long!

FARC offensive in rural Colombia east of Bogotá...

The paramilitaries have increased their presence at the Panamá border - central for the coca export. But tourists, watch out!

Singleplayer, FW/MGE...
    No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
    CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Looks fantastic Insurgent, but what do you mean when you said that you can't promise it will be released this year, but it won't be long? That would be a while in my opinion.

Sorry, but I'm really eager to try this out! There's been a lot of publicity of the war in Colombia in Ireland ever since the 'Colombia 3' were arrested.

On that note, is there anything in the scenario about the Colombia 3 in general, or what their presence there implies if the Colombian Government is to be believed (i.e. can we expect to see IRA advisors giving FARC a hand)?
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Sorry about the "this year" thing. It was a "copy and paste" from a post of mine at Civfanatics, and it was posted in late December. But it will be finished, probably, before the 23rd...

About the IRA, I'm considering a fourth events period which could contain that, but the play testing version that I have sent to other civers doesn't contain that. It would take quite some events space, but I just might do it. It really depends on the time at hand.
      If I do involve it, how would you suggest that it is best depicted in the game? I could make a special unit for it if needed, as I have plenty of units slots...(?)

This will precede an update of my other scenarios - all the ones I published are to be found at Civfanatics, and in connection to that - I might just publish them here...
      No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
      - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Yeah, I'm hoping it's released too
        But Insurgent hyped it up: all I did was contribute units and some comments/suggestions/info
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

It's hard to know how to represent IRA involvement in Colombia, or even if you should. Currently we only have the word of the Colombian government that the IRA are involved and that Connolly and Co. were teaching FARC terrorist techniques.

I think there should be a piece of text in the events file for their arrest in order to indicate the significance of this at least. If you wanted to do more you could represent IRA training by improving the stats of FARC soldiers - as you're already swapping events files, it should't be too much of an effort to create another rules file to allow this at the appropriate time.

Comment

Interesting scenario, no doubt.

It seems that the training the IRA/ETA have given to the FARC centers mainly on urban combat/terrorism, fields in which both groups have lots of experience (nothing related to normal jungle/guerrilla combat), so keep that in mind.
            DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

I'll look at it!
              - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

nice look but what it reguires...

but?

Comment

Another idea - you could also create an IRA advisor unit, which while having no offensive/defensive abilities by itself, could be disbanded by FARC (if controlled by a human player) to give a large shield bonus.

Alternatively if these units are killed by the government, they could receive a cash bonus - think of it as increased US support to deal with international terrorism.

Comment

oh man!

Comment

our_man, I think you just found the best concept.

ottok: it's being made in FW, but also being designed for playability in MGE...
                      - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Sorry, I'm going to be skiing in the holidays - no scenario making from the 15th to the 22nd... But I will make the scenario in the weekdays even if I have to skip school for it! There won't be any more delays after this one...
                        - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Insurgent
                          our_man, I think you just found the best concept.

ottok: it's being made in FW, but also being designed for playability in MGE...
                          So called 2.7.81?
                          And some scns are also then played the MGE but i am see something:
                          "if you want points dont use that in MGE!"

Comment

Working...
                          X