No announcement yet.

Playtesters Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW why is the operation called Herbstnebel?
    that means Autumn mist or something doesn't it not?

I know that the original name was "Wacht am Rhine" i.e "Watch the Rhine".

I do remember something about the operation changing name three days before it started. Was Herbstnebel the new name?

Enlighten me please.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Has anyone figured out how to capture Malmedy? That bunker is invulnerable against me!
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Actually i knocked out two bunkers, one at Trois ponts and the other at a location that eludes me at the momment. All it took was two Jagtigers and two Koenigstigers. However as i later found out you are not supposed to take out the bunkers. They are meant as defensive superunits that will force the Germans to follow their historical objectives.
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

If you take certain cities the bunkers will dissapear...

Comment

Ah, sneaky, but that can be good! That explains the vanishing bunker by Salmchateau.

All it took was two Jagtigers and two Koenigstigers.
              Two Jagtigers? I started with only one, are these reinforcements? Also, sounds like you lost two of your best units taking out two bunkers. Isn't that at an early stage for such losses, or am I being too timid?

Did the Germans tak Malmedy in the battle? What's a good link for a timetable of the historical battle?
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVeda

True. Namur being the most prominent of those.

Moreover large cities such as Liege have a certain "conquer route". First SW, then N then S and finally E. I am not sure about the last two though. I suppose there is the same with Bastogne.

I err.... cheated and revealed the map. But then loaded the save game and played as normal

Comment

I restarted twice.
                  El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I've restarted about eighty times But I guess that doesn't count...

Comment

playtestin'

Hey. I'm new to the forum (so new i created a new thread, not just a reply in the forum-how embarrasing), but long-time civ2 player. I am new to scen making (am currently working on a Battle of the Solomons scen). Am a rabid ww2 buff, will detailed knowledge of Battle of the Bulge. Hopefully, i'm not too late to playtest.

mbotz@attbi.com

Comment

I have enough playtesters for now, but thanks anyway

Comment

So, anybody finish it yet?

Comment

Working...
                          X