just imagining ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just imagining ...

i was just imagining what a global ww1 scenario would like. i know that the emphasis in ww1 lay in europe but i think it would be interesting ....

it would be... interesting. But you'd lose a lot of quality in Europe, while the other fronts would be given more emphasis than they deserve.

Comment

yeah, you´re right but the huge advance would be that the other fronts would appear for the first time. i´ve never seen any kind of ww1 scenario containing the global war.

Comment

ok, anyway. anyone else ... interested?

Comment

All I know is that in order to properly handle all the necessary events around the globe, a batch file or perhaps even ToT would be needed.
          DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Unit limitation

You'd have to make a fundemental decision about units. If each nation gets its own infantry, cavalry, artillery, and air force, and navy, you'd have no slots left for wartime evolution -- e.g. tanks, German Stoßtruppen (sp?). I think you'll need some generic infantry, etc., instead. Plus colonial troops, present in high numbers outside of Europe would need their slots.

This may need ToT simply for the 20(?) extra unit slots.

El Awrence's comment reflects one of the biggest challenges you'd face.

Are you thinking of single- or multi human player?
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Despite it's name, WW1 wasn't really much of a 'World War'. Most of the action was in Europe, with the campaigns outside France, Italy, Russia and the Balkans being nothing more then side shows. Aside from the Middle East, all of the other theatres of WW1 involved relatively small numbers of troops fighting quick campaigns in 1914 (the East Africa campaign lasted untill the end of the war and involved large numbers of British Empire troops but wasn't at all significant)
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

i know these facts. i just wanted to ask what you think of it. maybe someone makes this work.

btw, you should have also think about what civs you leave out. 7 is far to few but that´s the game

Comment

Working...
                X