Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for Accuracy´s sake ...

My Fellow Civ2-Players!

Currently i´m working on something just for accuracy´s sake. It will be a scenario. Thus so far. I will release some graphics to keep it a little bit interesting.

Down there are three units i designed for this upcoming scenario. Is somebody able to identify them?!

Let me know if you are/are not able to. I will help you out .......
    Attached Files

Ok, i will help you a little bit.

The first unit is a Royal Navy Carrrier, Illustrious Class,
    the 2nd unit is a British SAS (Special Air Service),
    the 3rd unit is a US SFOD "Delta" member.

To lighten the secret a bit up, here´s the map i´m going to use.
    Attached Files

Comment

Got it?

Well, if not: There are some other units.

1st Row: Iraqi Infantry, Protestors
      2nd Row: US Marine Corps, Suicide Bomber
      Attached Files

Comment

... and the last post (for the moment):

* US Air Force Bases (city graphics as you may have guessed)

Anyone some idea what this will become??????????????
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks to me like either a "war on terrorism" or Iraq2 scenario (the former more likely since the map covers such a large area).

How about setting that US flag on fire a bit (in the protesters image).

Somehow I always think of the "Black Knight" (from Month Python's Holy Grail) saying "Come on, you pansy!" when I read your name.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

What have Alex Mor's Mexicans got to protest about?

BTW if this is an 'Iraq 2' scenario its in kind of questionable taste. A friend of mine in the British Army is on standby to go to the gulf right now - even he's not sure what he'll be fighting (and possibly dying) for. If Bush and his poodle Blair want to go after questionable regimes maybe they should put their own houses in order first. After all, wasn't it the West who armed Saddam (and indirectly Al Qaeda) in the first place?

Sorry for the OT rant Jim - I like your graphics but I'm not sure now's the right time for an 'Iraq2' scenario.
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

you were both right. it will be some Crises in the Gulf scenario. i don´t want to offend or harm anybody. i´m not even sure when to start it.

i playing with the thought of creating some anarchy in iran or something like this. maybe it kicks of with the islamic revolution in tehran by khomeini in 1979.

i also understand you fairline. war has never been a nice thing nor is it a nice thing nor will it be a nice thing.

Comment

These protestors look awful a lot like Mexicans.

Have you considered altering their hats and clothes a bit?

BTW How many scenarios are you working on currently?

Will the Iraqis be playable?
                "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

jim panse,
                  I'm planning a project based in this area, but a few decades earlier, and focussed (surprise, surprise) mostly on Iran. If you want to exchange thoughts, ideas, or anything similar, you can mail me if you want ( Stefan.Haertel@t-online.de ).

For anyone in doubt, I took part in an anti-Bush anti-war demonstration at H.M. G.B. II's visit in Berlin.
                  Follow the masses!
                  30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Good work Stefan!

Comment

is that an original map or did you get it from another scenario?

I don't think I've ever seen the southern coast of the arabian peninsula ever done in a mid east map before

Comment

thanks for your email Stefan, you will hear from me

the map i created on my own (with a little help from my maps, of course)

i made up my mind about the theme of this work last night. i concluded with starting the scenario about 1978/79, around the Revolutions in Iran and Iraq. i imagine creating the period between that point and moretheless today. this is just some crazy idea i had and this thread should serve as some kind of info-gathering help.

=> fairline
                        i also decided to make some (3rd) gulfwar in the scenario depending on how things go on within the next weeks and to leave it out for just a while though i believe that if you become a member of a professional army it has been your own choice what profession you want to do. if you are a regular soldier you may have to fight and die also for things beyond your imagination.

Comment

thanks for your email Stefan, you will hear from me

the map i created on my own (with a little help from my maps, of course)

the protestors are some kind of 0.3 version i borrowed from alex mor. i´ll improve them.

i made up my mind about the theme of this work last night. i concluded with starting the scenario about 1978/79, around the Revolutions in Iran and Iraq. i imagine creating the period between that point and moretheless today. this is just some crazy idea i had and this thread should serve as some kind of info-gathering help.

=> fairline
                          i also decided to make some (3rd) gulfwar in the scenario depending on how things go on within the next weeks and to leave it out for just a while though i believe that if you become a member of a professional army it has been your own choice what profession you want to do. if you are a regular soldier you may have to fight and die also for things beyond your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by jim panse
                            => fairline
                            ...i believe that if you become a member of a professional army it has been your own choice what profession you want to do. if you are a regular soldier you may have to fight and die also for things beyond your imagination.
                            I agree with you Jim, and so would my friend in the army. He's been on active service in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Kosovo, and sees it as his duty to fight when called to do so. My point was more that the West seems to have settled on an easy scapegoat in the form of Iraq for the appalling events of September 11th. If we do go to war, a lot of people may die without any tangible impact on terrorism. In fact it will probably increase directly as a result. I think it would be far more effective to try and broker peace between the Palestinians and Israelis, rather than supporting Israel without question. We should also consider what impact arms sales and oil have on our foreign policies.

I'll stop all of this off-topic ranting; I'm sure you'll make a good scenario based on what I've seen of your 'Modern day' scen. I really like your graphics, BTW
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

off-topic discussion

to me it seems not to be some kind of off-topic discussion. you know i´m an austrian living in vienna. to it seems that (western) europe had its happiest years ever in history since the end of ww2 in 1945. i believe that - especially in middle europe - this was/is mainly the result of the us foreign policy towards its west european allies and friends since then.

whatever, warmongering can never be justified.

ok, i will redesign/redraw the protestors. you´re right they look too much like mexicans ...

anyone interested in the map? should i post it as a *zip file?

Comment

Working...
                              X