Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman railroads at sea?

tech, should the clouds be renamed?

btw thanks for reminding us why the Civ franchise has lasted for so long.

and, finally, I wonder, what's next? Nam?
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

Isn't there a curse of some sort on 'Nam scenarios?
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Thanks. And I'll get the cloud thing looked after in the post-playtest update. BTW, are you in?

I'm a lot closer to finishing my WWII ToT multiplayer scenario, "Global War", so I think I'll finish that this winter, then see about finishing my Vietnam scenario which is about 1/2 done. It's called Indochina War. The map, most of the art and the units are done. I was lacking a good OOB, but I've recently found one on the 'net, here: http://www.soft.net.uk/entrinet/home.htm

The concept is that it would be played in several parts, with the human player starting out as the US, then as the US and SVN, and finally as SVN only. This puts quite a burden on the events and the AI, so it's tough to design. In many ways, it would be easier to design if the human player was NVN.

Events are the major challenge. I'm using tech research by the Americans as the strategic determinant. In other words, the US player has research choices which reflect his strategic choices. For example, does he choose to research "Deploy 101 Airborne" or "Deploy 1st Marines" or "Deploy B-52 Wing" or " Mine Harbours" or "Supply M-24s to ARVN" or "Crackdown on Colleges" or any number of other strategic options? For each option, events must also include the North Vietnamese response. The NV's countered each American escalation with one of their own, matching division with division.

It's a challenging design, but I fully intend to finish it before Civ3 is fully scenario capable, or a manned mission to Mars, whichever comes first.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

It's definitely possible in ToT with flags.
        "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
        -OOTS

Comment

Working...
        X