FreeCiv Graphics Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeCiv Graphics Team

I see lots of impressive work here, I really like the modern transport ship carrying lego ( or winegums? ).

Now an important question concerning graphics for Freeciv
    I've busy browsing through various unit sets to create a new standard isometric set for Freeciv. The units are photorealistic and look very cool but they don't seem to fit the general theme of the orginal Civ2 units. Does any of you have some original units to spare (and willing to release under the GPL) or would like to help with collecting a new set?

Contact me at ****

edit: defunct adress removed

The current isometric set used for Freeciv looks like this:
    Attached Files
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

I see they've cleaned up the forums and split up the unit graphics thread into different threads. The hotmail account listed above is closed off for a few months now. I'm sorry if anyone tried to contact me at this email account. I'll create and post a new mail account later.

In the meantime, would anyone like to help or donate some units for the Freeciv Tolkien style-set ?
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

This is the first human that I've ever drawn, so please don't laugh too hard.
      Attached Files
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
        This is the first human that I've ever drawn, so please don't laugh too hard.

It's a good start. Only niggle is having to use a magnifying glass to see it.

Comment

Wow, 3 replies and 28,000 views. Quite impressive.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

We go for quality Ozzy and with an average of 5000-7000 views per posts we're brilliant!

Comment

Back to topic of Freeciv graphics...the first SDL client beta is out!

edit: links instead of img

An options screen at the start menu...

Ingame it's starting to become a looker... http://www.drobe.co.uk/extra/freeciv/ingame.png

The city screen...

Comment

And this is the (work in progress) deluxe-tileset. I notice some shades of 7 cities of gold and Ghost in a Shell

Comment

Forgot to attach the tileset.png...
                  Attached Files

Comment

What is this freeciv?
                    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Some news on the Freeciv graphics front. We have had some help from an artist who has come with some exceptional 3D models created in Blender (a free 3D rendering program). I think this program could be very useful for the scen league as well.

Normally I believe creating your own 3d models from scratch for a single mod or scenario wouldn't be worthwhile. Unless you take a lot time and of pride in your work. Apart from that there's also the learning curve you have to go through. But what if...some of the unit graphic artist here banded together, ,cut their teeth on blender collectively and created a depository for 3d models?

Comment

Good question. I think everyone who wanted to know about FreeCiv has learned of it, so I am unstickying this.

In other words, there's a forum software bug when it comes to stickying threads that I need to work around by limiting their number and I want a new sticky thread.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Well, guess we've held the spot lang enough (+20.000 posts) can't be bad right?

Comment

Working...
                          X