Scott F's Great War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott F's Great War?

I decided I'd have another go of Scott F's Great War scenario - except I couldn't find it on my computer anymore! Damn 70GB HD... Everything gets lost on it.

I can't remember where I downloaded it from in the first place since it was a beta version. Does anybody know where I can download it from or, alternatively, can someone who has it send it to me please? Thanks.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

i don't think it ever had a general release. i think this is the latest version i got, i saw an older one lying around too
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks H Tower!

Time to take command of the Confederate States and show them damn yankees who's boss!
        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Are you just finishing it up or going through and redoing it? Is there even a finished version out?
          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

I think that Scott said that the version we were using in the playtest PBEM was essenially complete. He was going to do a few more graphics for the late war period, but that was it. It's a shame he disappeared after the cheating incident (which seemed totally out of character)
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmywax
              Are you just finishing it up or going through and redoing it? Is there even a finished version out?
              i'm not changing the game or anything, i just have the scn left over from when i was play testing it for scott.

Comment

Ok, I thought he had a few more events to write for the last year of the war. Hell, if it is complete I might start playing a game right now. I stopped before because I didn't think it was done.
                "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

I just remembered that Art of War over at CivFan is working on another version of Turtledove's war. He is going to include fighting in South America and more in the Pacific though I guess.
                  "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Ah, Great War. Where the key to victory was simply to build nothing but chlorine gas, then bombard your opponents into submission.

I did it with the British and captured the entire eastern seaboard of the US, along with most of Germany, including Berlin.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

yep, chlorine and howitzers ruled

Comment

Where can you get the most recent verision, i downloaded the one thats here, but the confederates dont research conscription tech, e.g.1913, 1912, 1911, 1909 and so on like the verision i once had till a stupid computer buggared up!!
                        "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

AFAIK, it is the most recent version, i have an older version lying around too though

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave
                            Where can you get the most recent verision, i downloaded the one thats here, but the confederates dont research conscription tech, e.g.1913, 1912, 1911, 1909 and so on like the verision i once had till a stupid computer buggared up!!
                            I never did get that, why did he have you research those going backwards chronologically? I must have missed something somewhere.

Soundwave: are you back for good or just popping in to visit?
                            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

the reason you went backwards with teh conscription class is that you take the people who served most recently first, the younger men.

class of 1913 served in the army in 1913
                              class of 1912 served in 1912
                              class of 1911 served in 1911
                              etc, etc...

that also means that when you take the newer consription classes, you're bringing in the younger men first

Comment

Working...
                              X