No announcement yet.

History of the Rise, Glory, Decline and Fall of the Ottoman Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poland was in serious decline in 1683, anyway, and Sobieski himself was elected by the sejm who controlled, and paralyzed the country.
    Poland later recovered a bit, but only because of political games played by a Saxon duke called Augustus, who joined the two countries in union in 1697.
    You could create an Austrian or Barbarian army at the gates of Vienna in '83, but then again, how could you make sure that the Turkish player would besiege the town that very year?
    And what if the Turksih player never sucseeded in capturing Hungary or the Balkans? Will Eugene of Savoy attack the Byzantines?

Comment

I truly think the map is ok. There is nothing wrong about it, and that coast of Asia minor looks fine. It is very hard to draw diagonical lines in civ2.

As for the battle of Vienna:

Since the Turks will be playable, the general intention of the Turkish army need to be simulated, not the battle itself. After the Turks capture a specific city,nearby Vienna, the Austrians will make their appearance. It is up to the Turks to defeat them, not nessesarily near Vienna.

Take a look at Red Front. The individual battles are not represented(f.e Kharkov) just the campaigns. I even captured a part of Norway with my cossacks.
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Valuk
        Poland was in serious decline in 1683, anyway, and Sobieski himself was elected by the sejm who controlled, and paralyzed the country.
        Poland later recovered a bit, but only because of political games played by a Saxon duke called Augustus, who joined the two countries in union in 1697.
        it were his games to bring the final decline of Poland. He had good intentions, but the way He achieved the throne (by denying the election of the gentry - the king was being elected by the gentry not by the parliament,
        and starting the civil war, by provoking the northern war which ended up with Russian protectorate over Poland...
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Working...
        X