Dose anyone do reaquset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose anyone do reaquset?

If you do I got 1, Replace the Frech with Canada, cites to Replacing King Louis XIV with Pierre Trudeau (If possbile, and if you want)
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

ottok?

Comment

If you're referring to a regular game, just edit the Rules.Txt file in the Civ2 game's directory. Search for 'Louis XIV' and replace with Bianca Jagger's onetime date. On the same line, sub 'Canadians' for the first 'French' and 'Canadian' for the second.

You might also want to check out Scenario making for beginners and http://sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/tips_main.shtml.

If you're asking about a scenario, ignore the first paragraph above and let us know the scenario's name.

Ottok was a former denizen of this forum revered for his occasionally cryptic style.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

You may also want to edit the default city names that will appear when you play as the Canadians. That is stored in the file "city.txt". You will find the text:
        "@French", followed by a list of French cities. Replace that with "@Canadians" and the French city names with the names of Canadian cities.
        I refute it thus!
        "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

spam

I replaced the Americans with the Canadians a long, long time ago (just to point out ottok jr. isn't the first to do this )
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

k, now I want to replace the pic in the backround (In the dip sceen) with mine, how do I do that?
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I recommend dumping that idea and just turning off the diplo screen from Graphics options. It's possible, but not via a method I'd use myself or care to explain across a language barrier to a newbie.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

ya your right, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
                  ya your right, who cares?
                  Leo was speaking about altering original Civ DLL, a dangerous operation. Definitely to not try...
                  "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                  "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                  "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

50% Spam - 50% useful post

I tried that too once, using a celebrated program named "Gif-extractor beta", which people claimed would be capable of doing this.
                    The diplomacy screen went all pink, yellow and white, but nothing else happened.
                    Follow the masses!

Comment

Re: 50% Spam - 50% useful post

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                      I tried that too once, using a celebrated program named "Gif-extractor beta", which people claimed would be capable of doing this......
                      Really? Well, I couldn't find any pics with that.

Comment

Hi 123john321. It's not really that hard to do, once you know how. There are a couple of problems, though. The .dll files themselves are very large (~2.5 MB or so) and they have to go in the main Civ2 directory, so it changes the look of the whole game, not just the scenario.

It's vital that you back up the .dll file your going to work on BEFORE you start any changes. To change the diplomatic background screen and leader portraits, you need to modify the Mk.dll file. After backing it up, download Rune Berge's excellent GifExtractor from the Cradle of Civilization site, here: http://coc.apolyton.net/utilities/index.shtml

Using GifExtractor, open up the Mk.dll file and extract and save the gif. files you want to replace. Using Paintshop Pro or a similar graphics program, take the new pictures you want, and resize them to fit into the old gif. file. Paste them into the gif. that you've extracted. That way, they will have the same palette as the original so the colours will be correct when you view tham in the game. Make sure that the new gif. image is the same size or less than the original, measured in bytes, or it will not work.

Using Gifextractor again, reinsert the modified Gif. files back into the correct slot, and save the file. Put the new dll. back iinto the main Civ2 directory, and you're ready to roll. I've attached a half sized screen shot from a scenario I did for the 2nd scenario contest, called Millenium 004. It will give you an idea of how the diplomacy screen can be modified for a sci-fi scenario.
                        Attached Files
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Re: spam

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                          I replaced the Americans with the Canadians a long, long time ago (just to point out ottok jr. isn't the first to do this )
                          The only change I made when I did standard games was replacing the Germans with Magyars.
                          Re-elect Bush!

Comment

ruthless spam

I had the Vikings replaced by the Hungarians once...
                            Follow the masses!

Comment

Oh, forgot. Do not use Reshack, too... apart from the huge amount of backups needed, results often are not of requested level.

On that side, i agree with Leo.
                              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Working...
                              X