Scenario Preview: Appeasment and Agression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when is it going to be released?
    When it's done, which will hopefully be sometime in the next month.

BTW, what's with the Aussie flag?
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Yeah I was going to ask the same thing

Case: the scenario looks good It probably won't drown out FMK's Lebenstraum/Untitled Just look at how many Israel scenarios are thriving at CivFanatics
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Keep up the good work, Case. It looks like an awesome scenerio.
        For the one who came still comes, and the one who spoke still speaks

Comment

I've been having a surprising degree of sucess with miniturising units with paint, and here are some more infantry units. The guys on the left are probably going to be used as marines and the guys on the right as Americans.
          Attached Files
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

The new unit style is looking interesting quite better than the standard one-unit symbols we are used to have in Civ. It looks like the unit-style of the Napoleon-warfare packs from talonsoft. Did you get the idea from there?

Comment

AFAIK he got the idea from Bonaparte 2 like me. Whilst playtesting it I was inspired to create some similar units by shrinking down originals and cutting and pasting a bunch together. The results were so encouraging that a scenario grew out of it, Roma Eterna, which is almost finished now.

Perhaps I should start a preview thread too

Comment

Yep, that's correct

Comment

Progress Report

I'm getting rather close to having a playable version of this scenario done. All that's left to do is to finish off the events and fix a couple of minor bugs in the tech tree.

I've also settled on a good way to impliment American involvement. When Paris gets occupied Britain will recieve a tech called 'US Support'. This tech will give the British a certain amount of money each turn (which represents US loans and arms sales) and more importantly will act as the prerequisite for the tech 'US Build Up'. This second tech will begin the build up of American troops in Britain (duh) and will act as the prerequiste for the tech 'American Armour' which in turn will supply the British (and any surving French) with M-4s.

Just a question though: what would be some suitable wonders for France and Italy? At present France has The Maginot Line [=Great Wall] and French Government [=Statue of Liberty], but I can't think of anything which would be suitable for Italy.

Comment

What do they need? Happiness? Economic? Scientific?
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'm just looking for names of suitable wonders to go in Italy

Comment

Here are some ideas from Florence: http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users...enceStuff.html

Also, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Roman Colosseum, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, or the Grand Canal or Piazza St. Marco in Venice.
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Or, for things more modern, you could maybe have something like "First Fascist Government" (not true I know, but *shrug*) and whatnot.
                          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Vatican

What about the Vatican in Rome? It would be JS Bach's Cathedral or Oracle or something similar.

:0
                            Petrov Kirovich, no-one special in the Redfront Democracy Game.

Comment

Spain and Turkey are both ripe for colonization. How will this scenario handle the founding of new cities? Also, why is Danzig a different civ than the rest of Poland?

By the way, "me-too" on the grouped infantry. They'd really look good in a WWI "storming the trenches" scenario.
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Spain and Turkey are both ripe for colonization. How will this scenario handle the founding of new cities?
                                By starting with the maximum number of cities.

Also, why is Danzig a different civ than the rest of Poland?
                                Danzig was under some kind of wierd league of nations rule. As such, I made it a member of the democractic neutrals so that Britain and France are bound to protect it. There's a RR around the city so that the Germans can move stuff too and from East Prussia.

Comment

Working...
                                X