No announcement yet.

Roman-'byzantine' scenarios to give away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We attacked the city from all sides, day and night, on Wednesday and Thursday. But before we attacked the city, the bishops and priests, by preaching and exhortation, ordered everyone to hold a procession in honor of God all around the city and arranged for prayers, almsgiving, and fasting.

At dawn on Friday we attacked the city from all sides without being able to make any headway. We were all trembling and stunned. At the approach of the hour at which our Lord Jesus Christ deigned to suffer on the cross for us, our knights in the tower, namely Duke Godfrey and his brother, Count Eustace, made a fierce attack. Then one of our knights, named Lethold, climbed over the city wall. As soon as he ascended, all the city's defenders fled from the wall. Our men followed, killing and beheading them all the way to the Temple of Solomon. There was such slaughter there that our men waded in blood up to their ankles...

The emir who was in the Tower of David surrendered to the Count and opened to him the gate where pilgrims used to pay the tribute. Our pilgrims, on entering the city, pursued and slaughtered the Saracens all the way to the Temple of Solomon, where the Turks were gathered. The enemy fought most vigorously for a whole day and their blood flowed through the Temple."

Gesta Francorum et Aliorum
    Hierosolymitanorum
    trans. James A. Brundage, in Brundage, Crusades: A Documentary Survey, 1962

After the long-night mare trek across hostile territory, the Crusaders finally established their bases.

Here

------------------
    MRP
    MRP

Comment

Ebb and Flow of the Roman Empire after Constantine the Great and until the Battle of Manazgert-over 700 years in itself...

further info here

------------------
      MRP
      MRP

Comment

A few questions on setting events-just finishing of a final scenario-I have made a title gif for this scenario, but when I go to play-test it, I get the Title gif of another scenario?
        I check the Title gif for the scenario I am making and it is the correct one.

------------------
        MRP
        MRP

Comment

the game will use the scen directory's title.gif.

I'm warning you, Masis!!! Be sure to use an adequate palette for Title.gif... wrong palettes produce strange effects, even sudden crashes.

Ps interested in an Avaric horseman pic? It's still available on my Zhanguo thread.
          [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited March 06, 2001).]
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Having trouble finding your Zoungzou thread, and I am interested in including your Avar horseman unit in the forthcoming First Crusade scenario.
            MRP

Comment

Roman-'Byzantine' Scenarios can also be found Here for the Justinian scenario and Here for the subsequent era of the Roman empire, the ones made by that chap called Masis Panos.
              Yes, the current version has lousy unit graphics, but I may get the time to update them.

------------------
              MRP
              MRP

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Masis on 03-06-2001 07:19 PM
                Having trouble finding your Zoungzou thread, and I am interested in including your Avar horseman unit in the forthcoming First Crusade scenario.

On SLeague forum... aw nevermind...

"Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Your Zoungzou thread looks like its vaporised.
                  Never mind, I have already got some horse-archer units in my Units gif, they'll suffice.

Thank you anyway Prometeus.

------------------
                  MRP
                  MRP

Comment

The Age of Alexius (1st Crusade) scenario is almost ready now to handle the tricky bugs for the events file...

------------------
                    MRP
                    MRP

Comment

The Age Of Alexius (First Crusade) scenario is now available for playtesting.

To have the playablity of this game assessed by you civers is what I want.
                      It is still to be given embellishments like Wonder information, but is otherwise complete.
                      The events may have a few errors still on it, but as I say, it is available for civers to give me their opinion.

E-mail me at Khatchik@cwcom.net to playtest the new scenario

------------------
                      MRP
                      MRP

Comment

Age of Alexius version1 can now be downloaded from The European Civilisation II site I expect to release at least 2 more versions forthwith! Not to mention the other updated scenarios...

------------------
                        MRP
                        MRP

Comment

Working...
                        X