Increasing MV of Inf consequences!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing MV of Inf consequences!?

what the consequences are for an attacking unit (inf) who's movement is increased above 1 when attacking a city with city walls? (unit does have ignore city walls flag)

I assume it will attack with same Str as if it was a one MV unit. True or Not?

I belive however that if the unit attacks a unit with the +50% defence vs units with mv >1 then this bonus will apply to the defender.

Thus if I change the MV rate above 1 then the advantage of greater movement is a penaltly when coming accross Pikemen/Anti tank guns. Thus these become quite valuable.

I guess the main question is does ignore city walls flag also apply to def +50% vs units with MV >2. If not is there a flag to enable this?

I ask this with regard to making scenario's harder for the player by allowing enemy units greater movement but not if they get a penalty we can exploit.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.
    ---------------------------------------------

Thy ignr ct wlls, bt r stll strckn wth th x2 pnlty gnst nts lk pkmn.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Something wrong with your vowels, leo?
      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Cll m YHWH.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
          Cll m YHWH.
          Humm, let me see...*Pavlov's head explodes while trying to find a meaning in that sentence*

edit: sorry for thread-jacking, colwyn. I'm always so intrusive late at night.
          Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

I guess the main question is does ignore city walls flag also apply to def +50% vs units with MV >2. If not is there a flag to enable this?
            I don't think so, and no, respectively. The pike defense message doesn't come up against tanks anyway. I think there's also a limit on the FP of the attacking unit. If its over 1 then the pike ability is negated? ... ... ie: Ask Henrik

Cll m YHWH.
            Leo finally took it out on his keyboard?
            Or, Call me YAHWEH ??
            Could this mean Leo finally got his db???

Comment

Call me YAHWEH ??

Back in my days, we didn't need no stinkin' vowels.

Could this mean Leo finally got his db?

/me checks email
              Nope.

Comment

Working...
              X