Can barbarians pillage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can barbarians pillage

Hi everyone. I'm currently starting a scenario and I need to know if you can make the barbarians pillage? A settler with an attack factor of 1 or so. I want to create random events which only purpose is to cause damage on the land, road, mines etc pillaged? Thanks in advanced.
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Yep.

Barbarians will pillage, though only irrigation and mines, IIRC.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

I once had some roads far away from cities pillaged.

Comment

IIRC, only defensive units will pillage.
        "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

thanks everyone
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Barbarians will sometimes destroy fortresses too. Sometimes they just camp out in them as well. Not sure why they do what they do regarding fortresses.
            "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
            --

Comment

They seem eager to pillage my railroads whenever they can.
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

If you only want them to pillage, try this:

(Idea courtesy of Jim Winchell) - If you have a unit appear via events and put the appearance coordinates down as even#/odd# instead of odd#/odd# or even#/even# then the unit appears in "limbo." It is invisible except when it moves. It blocks movement through the hex it is in and has a ZOC. It cannot attack or be attacked, although it can be bribed. If it is a barbarian unit and it is bribed, then the unit is destroyed and gives the player the reward bonus for killing a barbarian leader. The unit in limbo can still pillage hexes.

(Kull's Barbarian usage idea) - This appears to be an excellent way to simulate natural disasters such as a crop failure leading to famine. Use the above method to create the Barbarian "Drought" Unit outside a city. The Barbarian will pillage the irrigated squares and cannot be destroyed by conventional means. At a later date, create a "rainmaker" unit which can bribe (and thus destroy) the drought unit. Or at some later point use a ChangeTerrain event , the side effect of which destroys all Barbarian units on the map - unless they own a city.
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                X