New Sci-Fi Scenario from Darth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sci-Fi Scenario from Darth

Just something for all of you while you wait for my big project, Kyokujitsu...

I realized I had this project sitting on my hard drive collecting dust. I had given it to a playtester (Warvoid?) but he had problems getting it to run. I have no idea what happened but I seem to be able to run it without a hitch. Plz message me if you cannot get it to work.

This scenario is for Multiplayer Gold Edition. I designed it with Multiplayer specifically in mind (although there are only three factions, and one is extremely minor).

There are singleplayer rules and events available as well.

Make sure your MGE is updated to version 1.3

download location available:

feel free to host elsewhere.

Btw, any input/suggestions are very welcome.

Comment

Screenshots at the 1:1 (SHIFT+Z) zoom level would be nice.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I'm surprised more people haven't posted anything, because this is a good scenario considering the fact it only took you a couple of weeks to make.

The jump lane idea is very original, and I for one like it. One slight gripe - navigating the map is extremely confusing, especially when you're trying to co-ordinate fleet movements - but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was your intention.

The graphics are exceptional: did you put them all together yourself?

With a bit more polish (renaming those blue things used in place of roads for instance) this could become a classic. And if you give me a few minutes, I'll put together a few screenshots.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Home sweet home - The Sol system, home of the Terran Confederation.
          Attached Files
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Comment

The Kilrathi launch an attack on the strategically important Terran system of Vega - but the Confederate fleet is waiting for them.
            Attached Files

Comment

The Terrans attempt to recolonise the planet Trimble 1, wiped clean of life early on in the war. But the Kilrathi ambush the poorly protected colony ship.
              Attached Files

Comment

All of the unit graphics were converted to civ2 by me from various websites.

I'm glad your enjoying it and in a more polished version I'll probably publish some kind of html manual.

Comment

Darth: your link you posted doesn't work for me
                  Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Try copying it into your browser's address bar and going to it that way instead of linking. The link does work... at least for me... (refreshes to make sure)... yep.

I'm waiting for Thunder to get it onto Civfanatics.

Comment

That didn't work either, but it'll be on civfanatics, hopefully.
                      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

The link works fine for me.

Comment

Well I can't host at Geocities anymore since they detonated my account WITHOUT NOTICE and are now disallowing FTP uploads except on their pay accounts.

On another note, I've nearly finished the manual.

Comment

The files are now available at civfanatics in addition to my webpage. (Note: not the edition I'm currently working on).

Comment

*taps foot*

So... did anybody ELSE play this scenario?

Comment

Working...
                              X