Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Can someone with ToT please download this scenario file and see if it loads? I ran the ToT scenario converter on it and it crashes ToT when I try to load it. I've successfully converted scenarios in the past, and I successfully converted previous versions of my 2nd Reich scenario, but now it doesn't seem to be working. I just want to know if the problem is with my civ2tot engine, or the scenario converter. thanks
    Attached Files
    Re-elect Bush!

Downloaded it but I won't be able to get back to you till tomorrow as I'm at work at present.

Comment

I remember my ToT crashing when it tries to load Red Front. No idea why.

If nobody else chimes in I'll give it a try. However, my directories are completely torn up with Kyokujitsu so I wouldn't want to be the first since my directories are non-standard

Comment

I'll give it a try, Mike, but perhaps not until tomorrow. Does it have any 3 pt. objective cities? These do not convert and are not supported by ToT. Try changing all the objective cities and reconverting.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

strangely enough those don't seem to be supported by MGE either although they do appear as an option in the cheat menu

Comment

Well yes the problem might be the victory objectives. I've encountered similar problems with scen that uses the objective option. Not only the 3pts. objectives also the basic 1pt. objective can cause the TOT-game to crash as the TOT-game engine is not designed for objective winning.
            When you want to dance do it the trance way

Comment

MJ, I've tried it and it runs fine. But I don't have any rules text or other files, just the scn. file. Perhaps it's one of those?

I-M, ToT does not crash if you use objectives, or for that matter multiple maps. Perhaps it's your system that is a bit unstable.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Your right techumseh, I forgot to take the .scn file out of the scenario directory and it loaded fine. I this means there are problems with the rules.txt file. Thanks for the help.
                Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Glad to help. BTW, what are the tundra lines for? Trenches?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

They are meant to represent the icy borders of france and russia.
                    Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Ah, the famed 'Musk Ox' line!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                      X