"The" in front of wonders names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The" in front of wonders names

What do I need to change to get rid of the "The" in front of names of some of the wonders like The Pyramids, The Oracle and The Great Wall.

*scratches behind his ears*
    Hmm, if I recall correctly, you have to open labels.txt and look (press F3 in Notepad) for a line which consists only of the term "The".
    Then just delete the word "The", but do leave a blank line there, otherwise the file file get corrupted!
    Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

OK, I will try that thank you! A related topic: does anyone know if the phrases like .... X GRANTS such-and-such -wonder and Y BUILDS such-and-such-wonder can be changed?

Comment

Actually, changing "grants" is easier than getting rid of the superfluous "The." You can go into labels.txt and search for "grants" and change it to something more apropos to your Mod, like "constructs." That's easy.

I seem to recall having problems replacing "The" with a blank line. I forget exactly what happened, but it wasn't what I wanted. I'll check again tonight.

Also within labels.txt is a line with "of", which you can change to "in," just in case you change the Colossus to something like the Bank of America, and you don't want to see "The Bank of America of Cleveland."
        "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

Thanks Enoch! By the way, I have a wonder I want to change to Holds instead of Builds. Am I right in guessing there is no way to do this?

Comment

Some of what you mentioned can also be "changed" into >GAME.TXT<... not saying the LABELS.TXT solution isn't usefull.

Comment

Working...
            X