City Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Numbers

Just a quick question, what is the maximun number of cities you can have in a game?

------------------
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

255, for all civilizations.

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Shadowstrike on 01-02-2001 12:23 PM
      Its 256, but you can only have 255 cities (the last must belong to another civilization)

Are you really sure ?
      Could you prove it ?
      I think it's 255 total !

------------------

Comment

Not this again! I believe Shadowstrike is correct. 256 cities max. And to be playing a game an AI civ must have a city to survive. So you could only have 255 cities. The total cities allowed on a map are 256.

------------------
        Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

Comment

Its 256, but you can only have 255 cities (the last must belong to another civilization)
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by jcarkey on 01-02-2001 05:56 PM
            Not this again! I believe Shadowstrike is correct. 256 cities max. And to be playing a game an AI civ must have a city to survive. So you could only have 255 cities. The total cities allowed on a map are 256.

Jcarkey, you can play on a premade world when 1 or more starting location for the AI civs are little islands of ice. They will never build a city, but you can play and build 255 cities. Indeed there is no need to have an AI city to play the game, just AI none settlers. And in order to win by conquest, every civ must have been destroyed at least once.

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X