Force Alliances???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Alliances???

Does anyone know if it is possible to force computer controlled civ's to Ally and attack a common enemy? I'm trying to create a historical scenario and this would be EXTREMELY helpful in simulating certain wars.
    Thanks

You can force the AI to make alliances via the cheat menu, and use the events file to force AI's to go to war against each other, but I don't think that events can be used to form alliances.

You may have some luck using the Eifiel Tower wonder to make nations get on better (eg the Soviet Union being able to build a renamed Eifiel tower following the German invasion in order to simulate the imporovment in relations between the USSR and the West)

Merry Christmas

------------------
    If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error
    -John Kenneth Galbraith
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

One method I have used is to start the civilizations already allied (cheat menu) and then create events preventing them from talking to each other, which will prevent them from breaking the alliance. Unfortunately it also prevents them from exchanging techs. Hope this is of some use.

Comment

You could use an event to give that tech that was just researched to the ally.

------------------
        Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

Comment

Yeah, not letting them talk might be helpful. Although the scenario is a middle east scenario, where the Arabs nations are currently allied in an effort to destroy Israel, but as history shows they aren't always that friendly towards each other except when fighting Israel, so I wanted them to be able to fight each other too.
          I could force war among the 6 Arab nations upon Jerusalem being captured or something, but then they'd never be able to make peace if I didn't allow negotiations...

And techs aren't really that inportant since I've tried to maintain a slight technological advantage for Israel to give them a fighting chance...
          [This message has been edited by lamber111 (edited December 28, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by lamber111 on 12-28-2000 05:48 PM
            Yeah, not letting them talk might be helpful. Although the scenario is a middle east scenario, where the Arabs nations are currently allied in an effort to destroy Israel, but as history shows they aren't always that friendly towards each other except when fighting Israel, so I wanted them to be able to fight each other too.

If you're using TOT you might try using the "modify reputation" action in the Events file. Use flags to keep track of the state of war/peace between Israel and the Arab states. Whenever there is peace between Isreal and the Arab powers, modify the Arabs opinions' of each other downwards drastically. When Isreal is involved in a war, increase the Arab's liking for each other.

I haven't tried this, and it likely isn't 100%, but it may be worth a try.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
            X