Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible??

Playing Civ2 classic on Mac.

Can you tell me if it's possible to create a wonder and a city improvement? I don't see how it can be done by editing rules.txt or events.txt files.

First, I'd like to create a Space Platform wonder that would put an SDI defense in all my cities. Preq. Laser, Space Flight. Prospective cost: 500 gold.

Second, I'd like to create a hospital as a city improvement. Preq. Genetic Engineering, Cure for Cancer wonder in a rival civ. Prospective cost: 160 gold.

The reason for the hospital improvement is that Genetic Engineering is great if you also build the Cure for Cancer wonder; but if a rival beats you to the CforC wonder, there is no benefit in researching Genetic Engineering. A hospital would have the same effect as the CforC wonder in every city where a hospital is built once a rival has built the Cure for Cancer wonder.

The precedent for the hopital is, of course, the Apollo Mission and Manhattan Project wonders, which allow space flight and nuclear missiles respectively in all civilizations that have the requisite advances.

1) SDI's built automatically in every city is NOT possible, even by replacing any of the available "pre-coded" Wonder's slots and effects. Altough, Wonders are HARDcoded into the *.exe's and must remain in the available 28 places, there is an extra "FOUR" icons to the right in ICONS.GIF. It has been proven that those AREN'T usefull, unless the stack can be expanded to supply the necessary memory calls.
    EVENTS in a scenario could do what you want.

2) -Hospital- improvement IS "indirectly" manageable, but without borrowing the "Cure for Cancer" effect. Since that Wonder makes ONE happy citizen in each city; replacing, say, Colosseum with the term Hospital has a similar (At the cost of losing the previous improv) impact. This was the -forced- approach.
    Creating a "medic" unit is another way to improve happiness in cities; but in some areas and stages of the game, only.

Comment

Working...
    X