Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia on 11-28-2000 01:33 PM
    ...If you put the "transport" flag on it as well as calling it a submarine, then it switches from carrying missiles to carrying land units instead...

What is the transport flag??? There is no flag which indicates if a sea unit carries land units, you simply set holds > 0. Do you mean the Sea Transport role??? (number 4, I think)

Comment

Kull, I was thinking about your suggestions. For number 1 you are right. Most subs have a few cruise missles. Not that many though, around 4. And for number 2 don't forget that this is for MP, not the AI. Anyways, the AI doesn't know how to carry units effectively.

Has anyone thought of making a short 3 or 4 range ASW ASROC anti sub nuclear missle?

Comment

Clarification: setting the number of holds to 1 will disable the carry missiles feature of subs and override the carry air units of carriers. The role remains unaffected.

A negative number of holds simply has no effect.

------------------
        "The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower

"Treaties are like roses and pretty girls: they last while they last." - Charles de Gaulle
        "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I know this isn't exactly what you're after Alinestra, but its close.
          By taking the "destroyed after attacking" flag off the nuclear missile (they get destroyed in the explosion anyway) only units that have the "can carry air units" flag will be able to carry the nukes. Give this flag to your missile sub only and problem solved
          (though now your sub can carry bombers which isn't exacly realistic)
          Hope that helps

------------------
          If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error
          -John Kenneth Galbraith
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

All you have to do is have nukes on "Destroyed after attacking" turned off. Then nukes can't go on subs. But, cruise missles can; which is realistic. You could toggle that for cruise missles but then it would be very bad.

------------------
            What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Save the whales, collect the whole set!!

If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

Comment

Working...
            X